if you had your first baby through c-section, is there a possibility to give a natural birth to your second baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes - you should do some research online about pro vs. cons. And find a doctor that will facilitate this for you in your area- some will and some wont. GL!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 1:46 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• For *most* women, a vaginal birth after cesarean (VBAC) is the safer route.
    Why did you have the first?

(This goes for most women after 2 cesareans, too...)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:49 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• It's called a VBAC - your ca google that and get more info, then Talk to your OB!! ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:50 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• In most cases yes, vaginal birth after cesarean (VBAC) is possible. It depends on why you had c-section and what type on incision was made.
    I believe that VBAC is recommended in most cases however insurance company often refuse to insure physician or hospitals who perform them ( the reason being that even though the odds f uterus rupture are small, when it does occur the costs are exponential) . So you may have difficulty finding a willing physician despite this recommendation.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 1:51 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• In most cases, you can. I had my first 2 by c-section, and my third naturally.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 1:59 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Natural Pregnancy and Childbirth is a great group.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:00 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I think it also depends on your OB. My little girl was delivered by C-section, and my doctor said that any other future babies would ALSO have to be C-sections. However, I am considered of "advanced maternal age", so I'm guessing that may be a factor as well.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 6:55 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• It depends largely on the reason you had the csection in the first place and how likely that reason is to repeat itself in any future pregnancies. It IS possible, but you will have to talk with your OB.

Answer by missanc at 8:25 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Talk to your doc; depending on the reason (and the cut they used on the uterus) for your first c-section, you can absolutely have a vaginal birth with the second.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:46 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Yes.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:05 AM on Aug. 3, 2010