if you found out this about your husband what would you do? adult content

if you found out that your husband has been cheating on you on the internet, chatting, flirting, and even have sexual conversation with other women online,, and has been doing this almost a year until you found out by chance; in fact that has been going on while being pregnant and went on till our child was 7 months until I found out by chance. He's been apologizing since and even cried one time when i said i insisted on wanting divorce. He said it was a very stupid thing to do and it didnt mean anything to him; and that he cannot lose his marriage over this.

what would you do if you were in this situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• I would forgive him.

Just like he forgave me for a very similar offense.

And if it happened again or if there were serious trust issues we would get couples therapy.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:00 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I would go to counseling to begin with, if I even thought that I could stay married to him after doing such a desgusting thing (I would have to be in the situation to really know). I'm all about giving a man a second chance (not a third), but him going on that long is pretty horrible. Maybe a counselor could help you work that out? I know I would NEVER be able to stay if he did it a second time. But if he's honest, it sounds like he really loves you. Maybe before divorce, I would make a separation with counseling with the potential of getting back together. I'd really want to get to the bottom of why he did it for so long and was only sorry when he got caught. That would be a big issue with me. Good luck, mama! Do what's best for you!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 2:03 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• i dont know. is he the one who initially broke the trust... or do you have anything prier to this event? for such a long time I personally would have more of a conversation and then decide what to do. he cannot tell you it dint mean anything if it went on for so long
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 2:03 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• This is a definite breach of trust. The question now is do you think that you can move past it and with counseling and time rebuild that trust. Personally since I have a child with my DH, I think I would at least have to try to rebuild our marriage because even if we divorce I would still have to have so kind of relationship with him for the sake of our child.
    I am sorry this happened to you and I only hope that come through this stronger. GL
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 2:03 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• If my hubby pulled any of this shit he knows he would be out the door so f**king quick his head would spin off. Any kind of cheating (computer, phone, in-person) i will not put up with it. Staying with him would be me looking like the asshole in the end and I am far from the asshole. Trust is huge in a relationship.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:08 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• forgive him guys are guys n were not so perfect either hope it works out...
    13liz13

Answer by 13liz13 at 2:08 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I would be gone, but thats me. Do you want to make it work? If so he should get help and both should do some therapy.
    Topgunmommy

Answer by Topgunmommy at 2:15 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Its hard to say. Only you can make that choice. A lot of women SAY that they would do one thing, but when it comes to actually being in a similar situation & following through, well, I just don't think that those things always go hand in hand. Personally, if it were me, I would make him leave the house, we would have to go to marriage counciling, & he would have to go to individual counsiling,
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 2:42 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I'd be gone
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 3:50 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Omg how sad.I would b hella pissed..I juss think u shouldn't 4give right away make him learn his lesson..even tho if he was doing this online who knows he actually met this women..u should really think bout it. N if u really love him g2 counseling..just because u guys have a baby in common doesn't mean u must forgive
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 3:51 AM on Aug. 3, 2010