so i apparently ticked off a friend

someone i met at school... idk if it is that or just me? weird how relationships hit high points get to low points and dissipate.

would you stop talking to someone if they made mention of your child being rather hyper? her son is bright but just very all over the place and drove my mil crazy at my sons 2nd party. because she was sitting with my son opening presents and the kid was very loud and hyper... i never said in detail but yea she just stopped talking to me shortly after.

it could also be the fact that she would call me and i would not answer - i told her i do not talk on the phone - i am awkward and avoid it at all costs. idk if she took offense to that. i havent been phone chatty since high school anyway so idk idk. where did i go wrong here?

MoMoFu

Asked by MoMoFu at 2:00 AM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Sounds like you were never really close, you know? I've met people that I thought I could be great friends with, and then the "relationship" dissolves after a while. She probably didn't like you talking about her son, but a real friend would have understood what you were saying.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:39 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I can't even begin to fathom a guess. Perhaps you did nothing and she isn't ticked just busy. Either way the only way to find out is to ask her. Said " Hey, I get the vibe that you might be upset with me. Your friendship is important to me, if I inadvertently did something to upset you I am sorry."
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 2:07 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• lol it has been months we were both busy - i ran into her at lunch at school and was excited to see her. asked her to sit with me and told her i was pregnant... she didnt want to sit with me i could tell. i was confused i am kind of clueless idk. she said she would text me cuz i lost her number when my phone died. she never did i saw that she had a facebook page finally and i tried to add her. she denied me. weird
    MoMoFu

Comment by MoMoFu (original poster) at 2:10 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• No shit I tell my friend her youngest is a brat, she tells me my oldest needs an attitude adjustment. They are both very true statements. You really have no reason to be mad at some one for pointing out.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:22 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• @ scuba. yea that is pretty much it. but my son liked to play with her son and my kid is kind of a snot. very picky on who he plays with. so i really didnt want the relationship to dissolve sad.

@hot-mama yea i fear the sensitivity of others a lot of times... idk if it is a cultural thing... but people i know seem to be more sensitive - it is kind of freaky
    MoMoFu

Comment by MoMoFu (original poster) at 11:49 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• maybe she just doesn't like you.............
    tiggerabba

Answer by tiggerabba at 4:22 PM on Aug. 3, 2010