What have your children taught YOU now that they are adults...

My 19 yr old gives me more perspective on life then anyone I know, she is always making " good points" about things that really make me say "yeah your right"
My 23 yr olds has Asperger's and points out things that even though they are slightly over the top, her point she is making, well makes sense!
I have a 24 yr old step daughter I never see and when she does she impresses me with her words of wisdom that somehow popped into her head in just the last 2 yrs.

togo90210

Asked by togo90210 at 2:08 AM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• My children are in their 30's. They've shown me how wonderful, capable and caring individuals they are. My husband had a massive stroke 4 years ago and was left severely disabled. I'm so proud of how they've stepped up to the plate without me having to ask. They've sacrificed sleep, money they didn't have to travel here and help out, built ramps, take such loving care of their father...I could go on and on. They've even thought about me too saying that the caregiver needs care too...making sure I get my hair cut, wash away the gray, facials, nails and you name it. I love them so much!
    lizard111

Answer by lizard111 at 6:41 PM on Aug. 7, 2010

• I have two children with special needs and they have taught me so much!
    I have more patience, to really listen to what others say, and to accpet people for who they are, the good and the bad sides.

The most important thing they have have taught me is to love unconditionally!
    NatalievdV

Answer by NatalievdV at 4:30 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• My 24)ear old son tells me that I am like a cat's whisker sometimes. You know over sensitive. I hate when he says that. He usv right but I hate it anyway
    dragonlady44

Answer by dragonlady44 at 2:11 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Sounds to me you get alot from your 3 children my LO is only 2 year so sesame street and dino train and swing playing in the sand box and sliding. I love seeing her face light up when she comes running to me.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:11 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• All my kids impress me with their acquired knowledge of life in general and often make decisions that make me proud to be their mother.

Answer by older at 10:42 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I use to have this black, very large phone from 2001. In 2007 the battery would not hold a charge. When I tried to replace the battery, the Verizon person laughed at me. That phone had not been around since 2003. All I wanted was a phone for emergencies. My children actually talked me into purchasing a cell phone with a camera and a key board and taught me how to text and send pictures. I'm a maniac with that phone.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 9:33 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I can't say they have taught me anything. My youngest is 47 & the oldest is 62. There are 7 of them & they are all different .They even lead different lives. 5 of the 7 have very good jobs & live quite well. The other 2 are alcoholics & are homeless most of the time. They have raised their families & are enjoying life. They really can't teach me anything I don't already know. I think I've taught them well & I know they appreciate it. As for the alcoholics,it's a family disease. If I knew how to cure it I would because it sure makes life a living hell for every member of the family.
    zoolady12

Answer by zoolady12 at 9:35 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• She has taught me that I did right by her in the way I brought her up.
    Esmrlda

Answer by Esmrlda at 6:45 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• She taught me that she is a wonderful Mother and has much more in the way of patience than I did. Also that she is a very loving kind beautiful person, inside and out, and that she loves her family first and foremost. I've had people such as her kids teachers come up and tell us what a good job with did with raising such a nice young lady, it made my S/O and I learn that we really did do a good job.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:08 PM on Aug. 5, 2010