Cloth diapering??

anybody cloth diaper? what are the benefits and do you think it's worth it?

young-not-dumb

Asked by young-not-dumb at 2:09 AM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think it's totally worth it! You save money (even factoring in the cost of an extra load of laundry and all that), it's good for the environment, my daughter had no diaper rashes after I switched, etc. Plus, some of them are really cute lol. There are more benefits I'm not thinking of, I'm sure, I'm just tired right now.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:13 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Yes I cloth diaper.
    Benefits: Cheap, less waste/less harmful to the environment, more comfortable for the child (breath better), better for sensitive skin.

Yes I think its worth it and its really not hat much more difficult than disposables. Though I must confess I use a diaper service and its great. I don't have do anything (no rinsing required) I just toss them in a pail and once a week the dirtys are put on the stoop and come morning fresh clean ones are in their place. Its great we never run out I never complain at my DH to take out the garbage.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 2:14 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• www.gdiapers.com is also a great choice. It's not 100% cloth, but it's better than 100% disposable.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:25 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• thanks for the answers:) i haven't made up my mind yet... i didn't with my two daughters but i'm now a sahm so i feel i have more of an opportunity to. any suggestions on where to get them?
    young-not-dumb

Comment by young-not-dumb (original poster) at 2:26 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I used cloth diapers. I felt like it was a lot of work, but I felt so good about doing my part. I got mine on ebay.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 2:42 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I didn't, because I was traumatized as a child by my mom cloth diapering my baby brother. By the time I figured out that things have changed in the last 30 years, I was sad that I didn't look into it further. I do think it's worth it, the new cloth diapers and covers make them really easy, almost as easy as disposables (and a lot cheaper).
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:36 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Cloth diapering has been totally worth it for us. I switched when my son was about 11 months old. I did it mostly for the money savings. I get the fancy pocket diapers and all-in-ones. They can cost $10, $20, or even $30 each, but it still saves money. I love how freaking cute cloth diapers can be! I have green ones, purple ones, red ones, neon orange ones, even leopard print ones. Washing isn't nearly as much work as I thought it would be, and I find changing cloth diapers to be far less gross than changing disposables.
    sallymoon

Answer by sallymoon at 8:59 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I cloth diaper and it is so worth it for the planet for our pockets and for my baby's butt. She has never had a diaper rash and to be honest its really not as much washing as one may think.
    SultryLadyBug

Answer by SultryLadyBug at 10:50 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I have used cloth diapers with all 3 kids and I love them. They are not a lot of work at all. It is just another couple of extra loads of laundry. I don't dunk them in the toilet, just drop them in the bucket (anything solid gets dropped into the toilet, but for the first 6 months or so it is all "liquid")
    I use the bum genius diapers.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:03 PM on Aug. 3, 2010