sleeping

I have a 3 month old that has never slept in her crib. She likes to sleep in her boppy pillow in her pack n play so i tried putting the boppy in her crib but it doesnt work she wakes up within minutes screaming. I have tried letting her cry it out but she never stops she will cry for over an hour until i pick her up and put her in her pack n play or in bed with me. I dont see a problem with her needing to sleep with me but my husband hates it because i sleep so awkwardly making sure nothing is around her and things like that. I try to introduce her to her crib during nap time and such but it just wont work. Im just soo tired at night that id rather sleep but i know this is wrong and i need to fix it now, what do i do. I know she isnt hungry because as soon as i grab her she falls right to sleep, and i mean instantly, but if i lay her back down she is instantly up

Kennadismom

Asked by Kennadismom at 2:45 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Buy the No Cry Sleep Solution book.
    meitaimom679

Answer by meitaimom679 at 3:19 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• You say she sleeps good in her pack n play?? then if that's so then let her sleep in it then. It's no harm if she sleeps there. My son slept in his pack n play till he was 7-8 months then we switched him to his crib.
    MyBlessin

Answer by MyBlessin at 4:23 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• My daughter was like this. Her problem was that her crib mattress was harder than anything she'd ever slept on before. So, we went and got one of those pillow top mattress covers (like $15-20 at Wal-Mart or Target) and she started sleeping great. Good luck.
    KaroGreenly

Answer by KaroGreenly at 5:19 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• the real issue is when she doesnt feel like sleeping in her pack n play she HAS to sleep in my bed or no one sleeps, thats what im concerned about is how to break her of that. the pack n play thing i can deal with
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 5:25 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Do you swaddle her? That really seemed to help our daughter. As for sleep training...she's still a bit too young for that. It isn't until around 17 weeks old (about 4 months) that babies have the physiological capability to soothe themselves. CIO is not recommended for babies until they are 4-6 months old.

There are lots of books out there, ranging from No Cry methods to the CIO. Check out babycenter.com. They have lots of great info.

Until she's a bit older, could you possibly sleep elsewhere with her? LIke a guest bed? Or a travel mattress? The first four months are just a matter of survival: do what works best. When they are a bit older, then you can start introducing some training.

Good luck!
    ClownPleco

Answer by ClownPleco at 12:48 AM on Oct. 5, 2008