sad help?

ok i start back work tomorrow and i have not been working for 2 yrs i have been staying home with my kids.. I have a 2yr old and a 7month.. Im going to miss so much but i have to make the money we are strugging right now. Well my kids are going to a baby sitter that i trust but i know my 2 yr old will be ok but what about my baby girl? She has not been without me for 7months.. How can i make are feel better when being there? Im afrais that she is going to start crying as soon as i drop her off... What can i do? I cant even sleep im so sad and crying..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 AM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• honestly your children may both cry. that is to be expected. working is one of those things you gotta do so the benefits out weight the negatives.our doing the right so dont get down to much about it.your children will understand as they get used to the routine
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 2:45 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• awww, this made me almost cry! But dont worry you are a good mama for even going back to work to help provide for your family, You are a rockstar! Leaving my kids with a sitter is hard, no matter who it is and how much I trust them, I feel like something is going to happen that only I can take care of, but relax, you do trust her and really your kids are going to be fine. Also, I think that it is always harder for the mom than it is for the children. Even if they cry for a bit the sitter will distract and play with them I'm sure. Knowing that they are safe and you are going to work not out clubbing is something to be proud of. Dont beat yourself up, you are a great mom for even going to work. Girl, God loves your kids so much, if you trust them to Him he will never let you down. Blessings!
    cynthiaesquivel

Answer by cynthiaesquivel at 2:51 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• awww ((((((((((((BIG HUGS))))))))))))))))) to you. im so sorry.
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 2:57 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• It's totally normal for your kids to cry but hopefully if your babysitter is good and entertains the kids well they will end up not being sad for too long and it won't take long for them to get used to her. Just gotta do it. It will make you all stronger in the end!
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 3:13 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I agree that it's harder on the mom than the children! When you drop them off make sure that you don't make a huge deal over it, you may want to be a little early the first day so they can get use to everything before you leave and prepare yourself for them both to start crying. Just remember that they will be fine! You can always call and check on them on your break if you are worried too. Good luck and way to go for stepping up when your family needed you to

fallnangel3

Answer by fallnangel3 at 4:49 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• The good news is once your children get used to going to daycare it will be routine for them. My now 14 month old daughter happily goes to daycare every morning. She loves her teachers. Is it easy for us the moms? Hell no I wish I could be with her every day but I know if I didnt work we wouldnt be doing very well. Hugs
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 9:23 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I went through the same thing, both may be upset for a little while, but in the end they will both learn that mommy is leaving but she will be back. And, it will actually be good for both of your children because experts have shown that children who get exposed to different nvironment and different caretakers actually develop more quickly
    nikkiliz09

Answer by nikkiliz09 at 10:14 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Aww.. try not to worry! Kids are surprisingly adaptable, and it's great that you found a sitter you trust! Honestly, this might be a good time to do it, too. Your 7 month old might not be in the full "separation anxiety" stage yet, so it could be easier for her to start going to someone else now. And you can always look forward to the happy reunions at the end of each day!! :) I LOVE it when my son runs (well, crawls) into my arms after each separation. It's such a happy moment!! So many kisses and hugs.

Would your sitter let you do a slow transition? Some places/people will let you stay with them the first day (to help the kids get used to all the new things), then stay for a few hours the next day and they stay for a few hours on their own, then one hour with you and a few hours without you the next day, then all day without you.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 10:33 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• How sad for you and your children. Hopefully they will like the sitter and she will be responsive to their needs. I've been caring for my grandson since he was a baby, he is now 22 mo. For months now he really likes being at my house. My son drops him off so his mother doesn't see. My grandson pushes him out the door some days. He often crys when it is time to leave. His dog comes to my house with him and they know when they are about a mile from my house and start barking in the car. My son says sometimes my grandson starts the barking first. My grandson thinks he is a dog.

He is my grandson so he is more attached to me but I used to babysit kids that did the same kind of things. If it's a fun house and a good sitter they will love it there.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:05 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• It'll be ok. They will probably both cry when you leave, but they won't cry all day. I'm sure they will quickly get used to the new environment and be fine in no time. I used to babysit these two sisters and they used to always cry when their mom dropped them off. It took a couple months actually. But as soon as I started playing with them, the crying stopped and they enjoyed themselves here. I'm sure it will be the same for your kiddos. :)
    MommySteph06

Answer by MommySteph06 at 6:52 PM on Aug. 4, 2010