What does it mean when you dream about one of your relatives that passed away already?

My grandpa passed away last month:( and he came out on two of my dreams already, does that mean he's saying bye to me? on one of them he opened the front door for me of his house and the other I cant really remember.

kimaam

Asked by kimaam at 2:46 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think he could be saying hi and letting you know he's ok :)
    amyofthejungle

Answer by amyofthejungle at 2:47 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• he's visiting you. Sometimes they just want you to know that they're still here for you or that they'll always be around. I think he's trying to comfort you. I had a dream about my cousin who passed away five years ago. He was in good spirits and we were joking around. I was pretty sure he was trying to tell me he was alright and happy.
    cherrygirl87

Answer by cherrygirl87 at 2:51 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• My boyfriend has had many, many dreams about his mom since she died last October. Sometimes it comforts him and sometimes it unsettles him, but I think it's just her way of saying hi. She'll have been gone a year on the 19th this month, and he still acts as if she died last month. I think you can interpret it any way you like. I'm sorry for your loss, and you're probably still thinking about him, even in your dreams. Just enjoy the dreams and take comfort in them.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:02 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Don'y know if this helps but...:

Dead People
    To see dead people in your dream, forewarns that you are being influenced by negative people and are hanging around the wrong crowd. This dream may also be a way for you to resolve your feelings with those who have passed on. If you spoke with someone who is dead, you will soon hear very good news.
    MyBlessin

Answer by MyBlessin at 4:19 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I think it is a way of them letting you know you have a very special angel watching over you. I also like the responses regarding the thoughts that it is their way of letting you know they are okay and that they are still there for you. My uncle passed away very unexpectantly in Feb 07 and we named our sons middle name after him. I know that Mitchel (my son) will forever have an angel by his side and I pray to him often asing for that security. There is also a thought that since they are on your mind they may appear in your dreams. Try to enjoy it and write it down so you don't forget what happened next time. It may be a significant source of healing for your loss.
    madlyinlove412

Answer by madlyinlove412 at 4:25 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Um coming from a christian i think it means nothing Whether your Grandfather was saved or not he is either in Heaven or Hell. Just because you dream about someone doesnt mean anything. People dream of all kinds of things.. I dreams about Water and vast bodies of it but I dotn think it means anything its just an image you are dreaming about
    Anonymous

• Wow anon! Better check your cranky pants at the door! And, do you think that your cranky answer is more important when you preface it with 'coming from a christian'?
    Anonymous

• I think it's just our subconscious missing our loved ones.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 8:39 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• It means you are thinking of them and still feel close to them.
    yarnjunkie

Answer by yarnjunkie at 9:26 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• This is how our loved ones visit us, they visit us in our dreamstate. I've had several visits with my grandmother (who passed away 5 years ago) and it's a great experience. I think it's wonderful to see your granpa like that. It simply means he's saying hi and that he loves you.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 10:52 PM on Oct. 4, 2008