This sucks- re: Condoms adult content

My BF & I finally started having sex (dating 4 months). Well he is pretty big, so he likes to wear the Magnum XL condoms. But I think that I am allergic. My lady parts are itching like crazy. We were both tested together- for everything under the sun. I saw his results, he saw mine, we are both clean as a whistle. How do I know if I am actually allergic to these? And what brand can we use instead?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 AM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• Wrap one around your wrist. I am not sure for how long though. This is what my brother told me he has to do to make sure he wasn't allergic to certain ones. I know tmi but we all talk about sex openly in my fam. Anyways I am not sure what kinda condom you could use in stead.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 3:21 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• This may sound weird but look up condoms made from sheep skin. My sister was allergic (which got her pregnant) and I have a friend who is allergic and they used something made out of animal skin. Sorry I don't know what it is but I bet there are better products now then there was when my sister was going through this!
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 3:22 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• could you maybe have an infection, like a yeast infection and maybe confusing them with allergic reaction to the condoms? I'd prob go to planned parenthood, I think they have all sorts of condoms and they might be able to tell you if your allergic.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 4:47 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• If you never had an issue with condoms before it is unlikely you are allergic to the latex in them all of a sudden, but rather the lubricant instead. If that is the case then I would go to the store and see if there is another XL condom that uses a different lubricant. I would also get checked for a vaginal infection too though. There are also non latex condoms, but they are more expensive and from what I have heard even worse for the guys pleasure.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:24 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Theres always the vinyl ones,and aeneva's right,the guy doesn't get much out of it,they're quite thick.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:34 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• the lamb skins are supposed to feel good and be good for people with latex allergies
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 9:39 AM on Aug. 3, 2010