im pregnant, why do my burps smell like rotten eggs?

luvn2boyz

Asked by luvn2boyz at 3:19 AM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would look into your prenatal vitamins. I took some that had fish oil and I felt that I could smell myself. I smelled like fish. If you are taking a vitamin or fish oil I would look into that and see if it is something you can change.
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 3:23 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Baby farts! J/K, I have no idea, lol!
    Joylynn77

Answer by Joylynn77 at 3:37 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• ooooh, i went through this ! it may not be just while you're pregnant...mine lasted for a long time afterward....and i eventually got major stomach pains with it...i went through testing after testing once i had the baby and nothing was ever conclusive....it sometimes got so bad i would have to go to the hospital for demorrol shots.....i was tested for gall bladder problems, crohn's, ulcers, polyps, and whole slew of things that all proved negative....I have to admit I probably wasn't eating the best...and when i did start eating better - clean eating, no processed foods whatsoever - I got better....I haven't had one of those "attacks" in over 4 years. I've honestly not met another person who has gone through this! lol anyway, what the doctors said in the end was possibly digestion problems....now with so much being talked about with celiac disease, i wonder if that's what it was....more below....
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 4:47 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• ....basically they think I was unable to digest certain foods and they would just sit in my stomach and rot....that's when I'd get the rotten-egg burps....and after awhile, I'd have to throw it up or eliminate it in some way, usually diarrhea...so if you start to go through that as well, maybe you might want to check into celiac ???? the egg-burps were just a signal to me that something worse was coming....I hope for you this isn't the case, but since I've never heard anyone else say this I wanted to tell you what I went through....but I don't want to scare you either...for me the answer was pretty simple...eat right, all the time....nobody every diagnosed me with celiacs, but everything they said was going on is what i'm reading about now in the news with celiacs.....
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 4:52 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Your body goes through millions of changes when you're pregnant. I had f*rts that smelled like pumpkins...truly. Ask your OB, what does he/she say?
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 6:52 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Rotton egg smell is a sign of allot of sulfer in your diet. If your eating allot of eggs that could be it or any other food with a high sulfer content.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:44 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• could be your vitamins, or it could be that digestion slows down when you're pregnant (same reason we preggers tend to be more gassy than normal too) so it could affect the odor of omissions :)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:06 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I used to get sulfur burps too. I cut out all milk (not processed milks like cheese and yogurts though, just plain milk) and I have not had an episode since. I agree that this is a diet issue and you should keep a food diary for the next few weeks until you find the trigger. or in reverse, you can do the illumination diet.
    Good Luck momma! I have to tell ya my first experience with Sulfur burps was while I was in labor! Ugh! Not fun at all.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 11:30 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• LMAO. Maybe it could be your prenatals? I had this happen to me.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 11:49 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I agree with the other moms who say prenatals. That's what happened to me, too. Once I switched prenatals, no more nasty burps!
    MommySteph06

Answer by MommySteph06 at 10:20 AM on Aug. 11, 2010