I need financial help ASAP!

We have to pay our rent by the 5th...and we're totally broke. Its really a long story but my DH got sick for pretty much the whole month and didnt get paid time off...we've just hit a bad time. We've asked everyone we could think of to help us. DH even tried applying for a loan (only $1,000 which is our rent) and apparently he was approved...then he gets there to finish the paperwork and he's told he's NOT approved bc he doesnt make enough money (umm...he makes 2300 a month after taxes). Tried about 7 diff people for cosigners and either they didnt make enough or had no credit. They want to see that theres an extra income of $1,000. For such a small loan? Really??

We're stuck. We JUST moved in here last month and we're afraid the landlord wont give us a chance to pay him by the end of the month. He was already very upset when we said we'd have it by the 5th...Anyone have any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 AM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Money & Work

• I'd call 211 it's a community number and they may have places and or know places that can help with your issue also I heard that money mutual is really good and you can get a loan through them, Montel williams does the commercial for them and you only have to make an income of 800 a month. You can do the application on line you need a checking account and I think they deposit the money within 24 hours, I'm not sure but I'd check it out.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 4:39 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Well depending on how much your rent is, could you maybe pawn something? Ask a family member? Do you have credit cards you could get a cash advance on? If you just moved in there, maybe the landlord will give you one chance since you havnt done anything to break his trust. Good luck
    Mom2Rylin

Answer by Mom2Rylin at 4:43 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Talk to your landlord and explain the situation. If nothing else, at least you were honest with him. Are there other bills you could let slide for a few weeks to pay your rent?
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:01 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Have you tried a community lender instead of a big chain bank? They might be more willing to help you out.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:39 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I would really just call the landlord, ask to meet with him and be honest and upfront with him about your finances. Most people these days appreciate the honesty, might even be able to offer some advice to you. True landlords want their money, but it's also a big hassle trying to evict someone and get a new renter in. Just call him and be honest. Then I would call around to the banks and explain your situation, see if they can't point you in the right direction for help.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:12 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Salvation Army. Your church may have a Good Samaritan fund.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 12:41 PM on Aug. 3, 2010