13 hours and no progression!

I've been up since 2am with a pretty substantial contraction every 15 minutes but they're not getting any closer together! I'm in agony. Is there anything I can do to make this either stop or speed up a little. I'm due on the 17th but I've been a stretchy 4cm since the week before last. Please help!

Autumnbreeze711

Asked by Autumnbreeze711 at 3:01 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I know that a hot bath will help with the pain, and they say walking helps speed things along. I would talk to your doctor about it though and see what they say.
    calapuls

Answer by calapuls at 3:05 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I agree w/ pp. take a warm bath as long as your water hasn't broken and walk as much as you can. Make sure someone is with you to lean on during contractions tho.
    mommyof5boys543

Answer by mommyof5boys543 at 3:13 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• This sounds crazy but drink a bunch of water! My aunt is a labor and delivery nurse and she says the reason most people have long labors are because they aren't hydrated enough. Good luck and congrat's on your new baby!
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 3:16 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• oh and stimulate your nipples. 15 mins each side or 15 mins simultaneosly then10 mins off. do this for a long time some books even say 3 hrs. after 3 hrs u need to stop tho. and beware this is known for bringing on very strong intense contr's. make sure there is someone around to get u to hosp if necessary. like i said becareful - this releases oxytocin which brings on contr's good luck!!!
    mommyof5boys543

Answer by mommyof5boys543 at 3:34 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Walk and breathe, walk and breathe. I barely felt the first 8hrs of my last labor because I walked through it.
    peachqpti

Answer by peachqpti at 3:42 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• i think its your body....i walked and all that after my water broke and it was 55 hours from water breaking until delivery. after that long though they gave me a c section cause she was stuck
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 3:44 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Yeah I took a warm bath when I was in labor and it helped some. It also made the lining or whatever in side me come out little by little, (pink stuff)lol. Then my water broke. But just a bath and no bubble bath or nothing like that.
    Anonymous

• Have Sex! the semen do something to the cervix to make it thinner. and you will have more contractions after sex..the sucky part about it is sometimes its braxton and hicks and sometimes its the real thing. and what mommyof5 said, Def play with the nipples! ALOT! and walk alot! you're a 4cm? why won't they admit you? they're suposed to at 4cm. but you say stretchy 4cm..so does that mean, big 3cm 4 small cm?
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:54 PM on Oct. 4, 2008