Does anyone have Plantar Fascitis (foot condition)? How do you deal with the pain and what do you do to treat it?

I also have fibromyalgia. I am stiff in the morning when I wake up. I feel like a newborn horse(weak in the legs). I play tennis. Really don't want to stop being active!!!!! Any advise????
Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Jun. 29, 2008 in Health

• My mom has fibro as well, as does a good friend of mine. They use stretches in the morning to loosen up. They both start stretching before they get out of bed.
    I can't say too much about the plantar fascitis, but I do know there are heel inserts as well as braces that can be worn at night.
    If you want to, you can PM me and I can put you in touch w/ my mom.
    DeylansMama

Answer by DeylansMama at 5:49 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• My mom has Plantar Fascitis too and she stretches her feet and ankles every morning. You have to sit on the edge of your bed and roll your ankle one way and then roll it another way. Take a small towel and lay it on the floor and using the bottoms of your feet you roll the towel into a hotdog and back down. She also has inserts that go into all her casual shoes and she wears CROCS a lot. She said the key is to never wear the same shoe two days in a row and stretch your feet EVERYDAY. After a few months her foot pain was gone but she still goes through the same routine so it doesn't come back. Good luck with everything :)
    adeuslove07

Answer by adeuslove07 at 6:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• I got it when I was in karate class. I have very high arches and when I kicked a bag I sprained that area. Very painful. I had to where a hard soled shoe for like 2 months. I still have tight muscles. I was told that before I even got out of bed to make the alphabet with my feet so when I put my feet down on the floor they would be stretched and then to slowly walk around. Just keep stretching throughout the day.
    tripsmom1

Answer by tripsmom1 at 6:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• I had it for about 6 months. I always stretched my feet by moving around in all directions. What made the biggest difference was a lace up brace that I wore everynight. At first it was very awkward but eventually I got used to it. I don't have any advice on shoes because I wore tennis shoes everyday for me job in a doctor's office. Good luck, I know it is painful!
    CoachKK

Answer by CoachKK at 10:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Magnesium helped with many of my foot and leg pain. I also did the stretches.
    Roxanne0607

Answer by Roxanne0607 at 9:07 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• have you had your vitamin D levels checked lately?
    Low vitamin D can be related to a higher pain sensation with fibromyalgia.
    I have arthritis in my feet and fibromyalgia. I tripped over an excercise bike and I had pain so bad I couldn't bend my foot. The doc did some tests and gave me Vit D supplement and after the 1st or second one my pain level went from about 8 when trying to walk to a 3. Eventually as my levels got better the pain disappeared.
    Magnesium is good too. Check out a website called foot smart. I think they have every shoe insert, foot support every invented. Find the right support for your condition and you will be amazed at the difference.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 2:33 AM on Aug. 24, 2008