Target card holders.....

I have heard that Target is going to start offering their credit card holders an automatic discout of 5-10% off everything if they use the card. Have you heard this? If yes, when does it start?

sherribeare

Asked by sherribeare at 7:15 AM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Shopping

• No, I don't think there is no cap. They want you to stop at Target and by their brand and use their card. I believe in the fine print that Clark Howard showed on CNN was the 5% is on their brand...not sure if it is the whole purchase. The marketing strategy is to take customers from Walmart and then stick them with 27% interest when they can't pay off the balances. Look at when they are rolling this out... they are getting ready for HOLIDAY shopping!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 12:42 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• Haven;t heard that at all but if they did I think I would actually get one of their credit cards.
    tanya_marieh

Answer by tanya_marieh at 7:36 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Sweet! I never use my Target card, but I'm going to have to start!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:05 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Just be careful how much you charge, I believe the interest rate is somewhere about 27%. If you carry a balance the 5% discount means nothing... :)
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 3:53 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I found the link:

Target to Offer Cardholders Additional 5% off Already Low Prices Every Day
    06/03/10

Download PDF Version

New program scheduled to start before the holiday season
    MINNEAPOLIS, Jun 03, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) --Target Corporation (NYSE:TGT) announced today that beginning this fall guests will receive 5 percent off at check-out every day when they use a REDcard at any Target store or on Target.com. Target's REDcards include the Target Credit Card, Target Visa Credit Card and Target Check Card debit product.

"We're excited to offer this outstanding value to our REDcard holders across the country," said Gregg Steinhafel, chairman, president and chief executive officer of Target Corporation. "We believe guests will appreciate the simplicity and compelling value of this program, which will lead them to choose to shop more often at Target. As a result, we expect this new program to drive profitable incremental sale
    sherribeare

Comment by sherribeare (original poster) at 7:46 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• http://investors.target.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=65828&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1434003

I guess you will have to copy and paste it because it's too many characters to post the entire article here.
    sherribeare

Comment by sherribeare (original poster) at 7:47 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• "Just be careful how much you charge, I believe the interest rate is somewhere about 27%. If you carry a balance the 5% discount means nothing... :)"

I agree. We do get 5% back from certain stores each month (the stores rotate) from Discover, but the "Target" type stores are only on the list a few months out of the year and there is a cap.

With this new Target marketing strategy, does anyone know if there is a cap?
    sherribeare

Comment by sherribeare (original poster) at 3:56 PM on Aug. 3, 2010