what to get..

for my daughters 2nd birthday, what type of toys should i get a 2 yr old? im having a baby in november so was thinking baby dolls anything else?

oppsdiditagain

Asked by oppsdiditagain at 8:24 AM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• There are all kinds of great educational toys out there.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 8:25 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I always try to go educational too. Don't go overboard, though. I did that with my son's first and second birthday. Lacing cards are good for fine motor skills. The Magna Doodle was a big hit with my son around that age.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 8:29 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• It depends on the child really. If she likes baby dolls then that would be good, but if she already has some then they will just get mixed in and not get much attention. Maybe get her baby dolls some play things like foods, bottle, diaper bags, etc. They sell tons of accessories in the toy section.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 8:29 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• When my daughter was 2 (and even now that she is almost 4) she was very much into the princess dress up clothes! I got her a few of those along with the crowns, shoes, and cute little accessories. She loved it
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:31 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I like the dress up clothes idea, although if your DD is like my DS, she will want to wear them to the groc store, bank, gym, everywhere. The best part about it is the smiles you see on the faces of even the grumpiest people. Everybody loves a dressed up toddler...or maybe my little "Woody" is just really, really cute. :-D
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 9:13 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• My 2-year-old daughter loves her doll house. She also loves to push her doll in her toy doll stroller, and feeds her in a toy highchair. I'd say she loves her stroller the best out of the two, though. They have ones that are like real umbrella strollers that will fold up, so they don't take up too much room to store.
    flowrchild77

Answer by flowrchild77 at 11:32 AM on Aug. 3, 2010