When it comes to the truth..

Are you one to always tell the truth regardless of the consequences, or are you one to pick and choose who you want to tell the truth to.
Like the question " does this make my butt look big"
would you answer depending on who in your life was asking and how well they can handle the truth?
Do you secretly want to more truthful with the people in your life more often?

jewjewbee

Asked by jewjewbee at 8:54 AM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• I always tell truth and sometimes got in trouble b'coz of it
    A11

Answer by A11 at 3:10 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I am honest with everyone about everything. If someone doesn't want to hear that their butt looks big they shouldn't ask me. I won't cal them a fat ass or anything but I won't lie either. I expect the same from those around me. I have no place in my life for people who waste my time with lies.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 9:02 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I tell the truth. Now sometimes that means I have to really choose my words carefully. I hate being lied to above all else, and so I never want to lie to anyone else. And if I tell someone something that I believe to be the truth and find out later it isn't, it really bothers me until I can get the record set straight.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:20 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I'm honest because I hate lies and I'm not fond of liars. That does not mean I try to be mean or blunt. I believe you can be honest but still civil and not hurtful most of the time. But if being honest about my feelings would cause a huge fight and it's about something I can't change, like someone else's attitude or personality or a mistake they make repeatedly, I keep it to myself.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 9:33 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I always try to tell the truth to everyone. But when something won't make a difference, I say whatever's best for the conversation. If some asks if their butt looks big, I never say yes because sparing someone's feelings is more important than telling the truth at that time. If someone really had a big butt, they wouldn't have to ask. Another example is when someone mistakes my newborn baby girl for a boy. If it's a stranger, someone I'll never see again, I don't correct them. It doesn't matter in the long run.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 9:40 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I tell half truths. I try to be honest without hurting the persons feelings. In the case of someone's butt looking big in pants, I would probably say it's not the pants.. then laugh. I have a really tiny butt and I love pants that make my butt look big :)
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 10:13 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I would certainly not lie to someone but I do choose my words carefully. We don't have to hurt others' feelings simply in the interest of always being honest.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 10:34 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I tell the truth, but if it's going to hurt someone's feelings I'll phrase it better than "OMG, your butt looks huge in that." I'll say something like "I think a different cut/fit/color would be more flattering." :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:16 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I don't lie and I don't like people who do. That being said, I would never hurt anyone's feelings over an issue of weight or bad haircut. Someone's feelings are more important than "the truth". The truth is not always the best policy, but when you slip into deception and blatant dishonesty is where the trouble starts. It's not going to end the world if tell someone their butt isn't big or look big in a skirt.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:44 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• i tell the truth
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 11:49 PM on Aug. 3, 2010