Am I the only sad/happy/proud mommy this morning?

When did my baby grow? She started kindergarten this morning. I went to her room to wake her this morning. All I did was say her name and she shot up "is it time?!" and was out of bed in a flash.
Good news, no one cried when we dropped her off in her class but it was sooooo hard!
As soon as she hung her bqckpqck up she told her teacher "I'm ready to learn!" and tossed us a quick "bye, guys".
Am I the only sad/happy/proud mommy on here this morning?

Kiwismommy19

Asked by Kiwismommy19 at 8:59 AM on Aug. 3, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I'll be doing it on the 16th. On the one hand I am so excited for my son and on the other I'm sad that my last baby is going to officially be a big kid. We'll see how it goes for me in 2 weeks.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:07 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• well, i dropped off my 8 year old yesterday for her first day of 3rd grade & i STILL teared up. Every year i get teary on the first day of school because it's a solid reminder that your child is growing way too fast & that just makes me want to cry!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:06 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• My kids go back to school Thursday (1st and 3rd grade). It's always a little bit emotional for me to see them grown up another year.
    I hope your daughter LOVES kindergarten!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:29 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Yup those are the mixed emotions. And then the wait fo hear how their day went! Happy and sad all in one. I hope you took a picture for memories!
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 10:06 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I was last year, we start next week and I know I'll be the same way too. Just so proud, but sad she's growing up so quickly and happy that she is well adjusted. I hope K goes well, our's was great..We had a great teacher too and that really does help! Take lots of pictures and keep your ears on, she'll have LOTS to talk about when you get home!
    ShelbysHope

Answer by ShelbysHope at 10:18 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• awww. I remember when my son started school. He was super excited too and ready to go!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:47 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• My oldest is only 2 1/2, but time does fly!!! I'm just trying to enjoy every minute of being a mom!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 4:17 AM on Aug. 5, 2010