Does your baby love the toilet?

My son has loved it since about 8 months. He is almost 10 months now. He loves opening it, closing it, splashing in it. When his older brother is peeing he is right up there watching and, gross as it is, trying to touch the pee since he is so interested in it. My parents say I was the same way, they have pix of me playing in it. They couldn't keep me away from it.

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 9:18 AM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My younger son was the same way, he had a obsession with flushing it. Which was pretty awful and warranted quite a few calls to a plumber since he loved flushing things down it. We have had to have hot wheels cars pulled out of our drains. He has also tried to flush several cell phones. But on a good note he was really easy to potty train, a lot of kids have a fear of the "big" potty.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 9:24 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Yes, while they never splashed it it (thankfully!) they loved to open and close the lid and flush it.

LovePeaceHope

Answer by LovePeaceHope at 9:25 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• My daughter would play in it if I didn't keep the door closed.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 9:26 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• YES! My daughter b-lines it for the bathroom as soon as she hears the door open. She's 10 months now. We have to keep the bathroom door closed since my son has his potty set up on the toilet more times and he's only 3 so there's often times little drips and dribbles everywhere which I don't want her getting her hands on and then putting in her mouth . . yuck! So we keep the bathroom door closed at our house, little stinkers ;-)
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 9:27 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I have a 9 month old and he's really not that interested in the toilet. He's patted on the lid a couple times, but I usually have the door closed so he can't get in there and my older two know to close the door behind them as well. When he is in the bathroom though, he loves to climb the one stair that leads up to the stand up shower. I don't know what it is about that step. I always think he's going to fall and crack his head on the tile.
    MommySteph06

Answer by MommySteph06 at 10:48 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• My daughter was never interested in the toilet thank goodness!
    SultryLadyBug

Answer by SultryLadyBug at 10:49 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Mine probably would be if I let them play in the bathroom. I keep the door shut at all times though so they cant
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:09 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Oh yes, ever since he could pull up to it at 7 months he has been in it. I have to keep the bathroom door shut or he throws everything in there. Hes 13 months old now and still as obsessed as he was at 7 :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 11:17 AM on Aug. 3, 2010