What color fingernail polish would you put on a 2 1/2 yr old?

When I am doing my toes my daughter wants her done so I brought this lite pink fingernail polish that doesnt show that well on her because I have a problem with BRIGHT colors on her esp. fingernail polish. Well, she went to visit her father and someone put RED polish on her nails and I hate to see lil girls with grown folks colors on their nails. I dont want to rush my daughter in growing up. I know she will not be my lil girl for long but I want to enjoy all the moments that I can. So I asked her father who put that on her and he gets defensive so I assume that his SO put that on her. I never said that I was confront gonna her I spoke with him because she was his responsibility. Would you have spoken to the both of them or just the father?

mom42107

Asked by mom42107 at 9:24 AM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Very light pink
    j45505

Answer by j45505 at 9:27 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I put all the girly colors on my dd and she is 3 1/2 she loves having her toe nails painted...I dont feel like she is growing up to fst...just something that is fun for her.
    kvaneyk

Answer by kvaneyk at 9:31 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Light pink, talk to him and he needs to talk to SO.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 9:31 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I have no problem with putting fingernail polish on her just not RED.....
    mom42107

Comment by mom42107 (original poster) at 9:32 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• His SO has a little boy so I can understand that she wants to the girly stuff with my daughter but she needs to know that I dont allow RED fingernail polish on MY DAUGHTER.
    mom42107

Comment by mom42107 (original poster) at 9:33 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I usually put light pink or I have a clear one with sparkles in it for them (they are 2 1/2 and 4) I have put red on their toes before, but not their fingernails.

LovePeaceHope

Answer by LovePeaceHope at 9:35 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Just tell him or his SO that you don't mind if she does her nails, but please don't do red. They should respect that.

LovePeaceHope

Answer by LovePeaceHope at 9:36 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Light Pink, and I would have talked to them both at the same time. That way his SO could not say you said something you didn't.
    Mrs.Elgert

Answer by Mrs.Elgert at 9:37 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I would stick to light pastel colors.
    Tell whoever put the red nail polish on her your feelings. And continue with the colors you agree with.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:40 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• We do blue, green, purple, black...it's funny, red is the one color I don't like seeing on little girls.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:40 AM on Aug. 3, 2010