babysitting how much would you charge?

It would be at their house like 7-10 miles away they have a 2 year old and 3 month old. How much would you charge for both? the hours would be from 8 to 5

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Aug. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• I pay my sitter $20 per day. But keep in mind I drive to her and that's for 1 child.
    j45505

Answer by j45505 at 9:26 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• The questions I would ask myself are: Is she/he a single parent? Does she/he make enough money to support the children? Am I in need of money? If the person is struggling to make ends meet, then I would be nice and do it for a cheaper price than others would, however if I myself was struggling I wouldnt do it too much cheaper. I hope this helps!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:39 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I would say it would depend on your experience and qualifications. I pay $10 an hour for my sitter but I also require her to be CPR/First Aid certified, educated, background checked, and older than the teen years. I nanny for 2 children and I receive $13 an hour. I would guess that a young person, in school, not CPR certified might charge $6-7 an hour?
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 9:43 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• When I babysat (CPR/First Aid), I charged $10/hour for two kids. But, you also might want to consider doing it on a weekly basis if its going to be an every day thing. I would charge $200/week for eight hours a day, five days a week. You have to keep in mind that the person you are babysitting for has expenses to pay as well...
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 10:13 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• 5 dollars per hour per child
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 11:19 AM on Aug. 3, 2010