Exercise?

What can I do that doesn't involve buying anything. I know walking but I hate having to put my 2 year old in a stroller. He's super active and every second he's not running is a second he's not tiring himself out for nap or bed. Plus it's super hot here except early morning while I'm not functional or late night when he's asleep. I know it sounds like a bunch of excuses but I really want advice!

fairyinabubble

Asked by fairyinabubble at 9:44 AM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Comcast cable has tons of exercise videos for free. They have everything from aerobics to yoga to toning workouts.
    talestra

Answer by talestra at 9:48 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• you can do all the excersizes in the house.. jumping jacks, runnin in place, sit ups, push ups, 'jump rope' (no rope needed), and things like that. Stay active for 30 minutes and you have your own personal workout. It's also easier to stay excersizing with music. hope this helps. :O)
    anabele

Answer by anabele at 9:46 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Burn you a CD with several fast beat songs. Make it at least 30 minutes. Play the CD and dance around the house. It'll be fun, LO can dance too, and it is good cardio plus muscle toner. Dancing is my 2nd favorite form of exercise!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 9:51 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I don't have comcast. I have AT&T Dish network I think. Which offers a exercise channel but I don't have it! I never even thought about just doing simple things like jumping jacks and dancing! Then the baby can join in or I can do it while he naps!
    fairyinabubble

Comment by fairyinabubble (original poster) at 9:54 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I know you said you don't want to spend anything, but if you get to the point where you could spend just a few bucks for some workout DVD's, you can also do that. I have built up quite a collection now :) I have NEVER had a gym membership--just DVD's and some very inexpensive equipment, like dumbbells and toning bands. My DVD's are absolutely priceless to me because I use them all the time--they've been a GREAT investment. I say that because, while jumping around with jumping jacks, sit-ups, etc will give you a workout, it's pretty unstructured and boring, and you may have a hard time getting motivated every day. If you can find a workout that you really like, you'll be far more likely to stick with it and continue to advance your level of fitness. You local library may even have some for free checkout.
    Whatever you do is better than sitting on the couch :) Good luck!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:44 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Is it a rhetorical question? '0) When all else fails, just get out and walk, get one of those running strollers so you can take 2yo too.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:40 PM on Aug. 3, 2010