Torn on school options?

DS is only a toddler so I have a while but it already drives me crazy not knowing what to do. I think private school is the best option. Like montessori (sp?) not anything religious. Public schools are not great here and it seems like there is so much more than teaching going on. But my main issue is the opportunities. If my kid wants to be a sports player he is much better off in public school. I guess it's really just sports.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Aug. 3, 2010 in

• start private then go to public for high school when sports are really big. until then, do sports with local parks/recreation centers.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 10:08 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I think it comes down to what you can afford.I would totally send my kids to a private school if I could afford it.' Public schools where I live can be rediculous, the gangs, weapons, drugs ,fighting, bullies, soda machines ect. it's just crazy in allot of them. NOT ALL but so many!
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 10:10 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I like Keisha's advice of going to public when sports would be more of a big deal
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:13 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• For me and my kids, it's all about parent involvement at home and at school. My oldest is the only one in school for right now, but she goes to a public school. She is brilliant. Has been reading since she was 3 (which I know is nothing new these days with the "Your Baby Can Read" crap), and is just a sponge when it comes to learning. I was worried that in public schools, she would be bored. Unfortunately, we have three smaller children so we knew we couldn't afford private schools. I connected with my child's teacher, who was awesome this year. She moved my daughter up to first grade reading, and gave her some extra things to do in other subjects so she wouldn't be bored. She also took the time to connect with some older grade teachers and got me some material that I could work on with my daughter at home. She was just fine! If you are concerned about your child's education, get involved!
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 10:36 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• weve started with prtvate christian school, love it so far...
    mrzbarnes09

Answer by mrzbarnes09 at 11:30 AM on Aug. 3, 2010