i am doing reasearch for an upcoming paper on voting based on your emotions. I need some real opinions

how many of you are truly feeling consequences of this economy, please explain fell free to post anonymously. who are you voting for?

lilac84

Asked by lilac84 at 3:42 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• We, as a family are having a hard time with the price of everything going up except our paychecks. Its really sad. We don't go anywhere much anymore either. The gas prices have affected everything:the price of food,clothing,water, believe it or not, wanting to just do something.

Obama is my choice for Preisdent
    Anonymous

• When me and my husband go out to eat...it consists of sharing a large fry and drink from McD's. We are losing our house and don't go many places because of gas. We have also had to drasticcally cut back on food because of prices. We also only buy things that are on sale, such as food and clothes. We are voting for McCain.
    TheDragn01

Answer by TheDragn01 at 4:02 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• As a small business owning family, we are voting for McCain because if Obama gets in and taxes small businesses--we will have to lay people off. We do our best to keep our guys working but if taxes go up, where do people think the money comes from? Businesses need money to make money and that includes making pay roll every week. How many people realize that not only do you pay the government an unreal amount out of your pay check--the company you work for has to match a lot of it!!!!
    Anonymous

• Oh--and this year--my husband and I are paying MORE in tax than he brings home from the business which is under $45,000.
    Anonymous

• Luckily we haven't felt the effects too much yet. We have had to cut back and tighten our budget but doing alright. One of the reasons why I am voting for Obama is because I do not feel like McCain has a realistic grip on the economy. But like I said, this is just one of the reasons.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 4:28 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• We have had to tighten some but we are also working hard to get out of debt, including our mortgage. Gas and groceries are the hardest for us but as we work out of debt, it gets easier.

We have struggled as our choices are not represented by either one of the "approved" men. However, I do think now I am going to vote for McCain because Obama's policies will hurt us a great deal, directly or indirectly, take your pick. All of the issues that I have stronghold's in, McCain is at least going to lighten my load. We make $50k a year, so I won't be falling into the levels of "patriotic tax payments."
    Anonymous

• I was approved for a house I can't afford. I'm scraping by with everything just to not lose my house. I'm voting for Obama because republicans give tax breaks for the rich, they don't get how it is in middle class....
    Anonymous

• honestly, we arent feeling the effects very much. im a SAHM, my husband makes between the $25 to $35k a year bracket, and we have 4 children. we are not on any type of public assistance. (i was on wic until a few months ago). BUT BUT BUT we are very blessed that we have benefits from my husband job that most people do not have. his employer supplies a 2000 sqft house (that include double attached garage), electric, water, our satelitte and a whole beef a year. my daughter also raises pigs in 4H that we butcher every year. so we dont have to buy hardly any meat (im fixing to get a hen house so that will take care of chicken). my husbands job provides his med. insurance and a work truck and they supply the gas for his work vehicle.
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 4:54 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• if it was not for all of this, i dont know how we could afford the things other people have to pay for....daycare, mortgage, gas, utilities, and the laundry list of things. so my answer may not be realistic for everyone! we are both voting for mccain.
    ivelostmyself

• I feel the down fall of this current economy is due to the powers that be in congress which are majority Dems. I am voting based on issues =. For one I do not believe in pre-meditated infanticide as Obama does. I also see that Obama lacks moral character to be a good leader for this country.
    Anonymous