Did you live with your DH before you got married?

Cassandre

Asked by Cassandre at 10:27 AM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Yup, we lived together for 3 months. I wanted to be sure we'd be compatible before we tied the knot.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 10:28 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• nope .. we started living together after we got married. we're kind of old-fashioned people
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 10:28 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Yes. For about two years.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:28 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• yes
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:29 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Yes. Around 1 year before we got engaged. Then another year before we actually got married.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:29 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Only for 3 months and we already had the wedding set.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 10:30 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Yes. For about 3 or 4 months before.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:30 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• No. We were old fashioned.We met in college, dated, and didn't live together until we got married. We each lived withour parents when not at college.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:30 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I did. We had a son together (11/05) and moved in together in December of that same year. We were engaged, not that that matters, and got married in June of '06. In my own personal experience, I think it was a good thing. I mean, to people who are already in love- you should be able to get over each other's little quarks and bothersome habits... but it's nice to know about them beforehand. My hubby snores- and even though it's been almost 5 years, I still can't sleep sometimes because he snores so loud! lol But, there are other little things- like I have learned that he likes things to be picked up when he walks in the door after work in the evenings. He's not grumpy about it, it just makes him feel stressed out even more so. Not a good way to start the evening! We've learned to adjust to each other, and I think living together before we were married was a good start.
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 10:31 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• No, but that was because he was in basic training and I was in college before we got married. Neither one of us had a house outside of our parents house before we were together. We got married at 19 :)
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 10:31 AM on Aug. 3, 2010