do you think this could be early labor signs? adult content

im 33 weeks and this is my second pregnancy. first off with my first, my water broke in middle night(at 36 weeks) rush to hospital and had baby 5 hours later, so i had no sighns of labor before my water breaking. well the past few days ive had morning sickness, tons of lower pressure, horrible back pain, some mild contractions( not shur if the are b.hicks) and today i have diarea which is really odd for me. and i also had a glob of mucus discarged yeaster day. i just kinda feel like this baby is coming soon, and i told my o.b this yeasterday and she said its probably just b/c this is my second. what does that mean? well just wanted some opinions, or was this the case with your second? or first?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Go back to your ob and insist they give you a fetal fibronectin test. (FFN) This test can accurately tell you if you'll be going into labor in the next week or so. IF you were concerned your ob should have just ran the test for you. It is pretty simple and they just swab around your cervix and sent it off to the lab. Not a big deal. The test doesn't work after 36 weeks because then your should have FFN present but then you are full term anyway so it doesn't matter.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 10:39 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Well, because you're only 33 weeks and not full term yet, I would call if you're having contractions. They can put you on a monitor and see if you are and then give you something to stop labor if you are. I would be timing them.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 10:36 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• It sounds to me like you might be right, it won't be long now.

Answer by older at 10:34 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• With my first I was induced at 41 weeks and I was HUGE!! So I didn't have any labor signs. I would say go with your instinct. If you've lost your mucus plug, anytime is fair game, lol. With the lower pressure and back pain that may just mean baby is dropping and getting ready for the big day, not that it's necesarily going to be soon. I remember I had to leave work early one day because I couldn't even sit down the pain was so bad, but he was just getting comfortable after he dropped, lol.
    1st_time_mom23

Answer by 1st_time_mom23 at 10:37 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Could be..especially since you had your first at 36 weeks. I would go into labor and delivery and have them check you just to be sure. Those are all signs of labor. If it IS active labor, the sooner you go in, the better chances they have of stopping the labor so that the baby can stay in there a little longer to grow more. Good Luck!!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:38 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I agree with above poster. Can you go to the hospital and get checked out? Good luck to you!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:40 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Its hard to say. Each and every pregnancy is different with almost every woman. Time the contractions and feelings of pressure. If they are consistant and regular it's true labor. If they come and go, it's B. Hicks. You can loose your mucus plus at 33 weeks and still not go into labor or have your water break for a long time yet.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:40 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Sounds to me like you are close! I didn't really have any consistent labor signs with any of my four. With my oldest, I just started contractions in the middle of the night. With DS- same thing, no early signs. I was induced both times with my youngest two so I didn't have any signs! But those are things all my mommy friends have mentioned, so I'd say you're close! Pack your bags momma!
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 10:42 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Oooooh that sounds like your in labor honey!!!! Muscus plug? Did your O.B want to examine you after you told him/her?
    I'm not a doctor but i am a mom of 8 and not all the time my water broke at home,sometimes in hospital. But My muscus was always a sure sign.

Take care momma and good luck with the baby!
    loriec

Answer by loriec at 10:44 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• It could be, but it's hard to say. Since you did have pre-term labor with your first, it is likely that it will happen again. So, if I were you, I'd go to the doctor's office or hospital and get it checked out. If you are in active labor, the sooner they (doctors) know, the better chance they have of stopping it...and you don't want your baby born at 33 weeks. That's too risky.
    MommySteph06

Answer by MommySteph06 at 10:44 AM on Aug. 3, 2010