my DD is going to do ballet ahould I buy the laotards, tights and shoes now or wait until I sign her up or should I wait until class starts?

I am not even sure when they have to have the uniforms by, all I know is sign ups are in September lol. I never done this before so should I buy the uniform she needs for class now or after I sihn her up or should I wait until after I talk to the teacher on what they need? I am new to this and I do know she really wants to do it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Aug. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• Most of the time the ballet instructor has a code as far as what color leotard to wear and slippers etc. I think it helps them keep track of their classes. So I would wait til you sign her up.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 10:41 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Get the needed information as to what is required when you sign her up.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 10:41 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I would wait and ask the teacher. They may have a specific kind or color they prefer them to wear.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:41 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Wait until you sign her up. Ask what she needs. They may be very specific (pink tights, black leotard) or maybe she can wear a tutu and all that. They will tell you what she needs.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:42 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Definitely wait until you sign her up. They should give you a list of what you will need then.

Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 10:43 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I would wait until you sign her up and get the list. They may require a certain brand or a certain color..or they may even be included in the cost of the class and the teacher will hand certain peices out.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:44 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I'd suggest waiting until you sign her up or calling the studio. Some dance teachers/studios will sell those things at sign up, others have specific brands or types of clothes/shoes that they want you to buy and will tell you where to get them.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 10:59 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I would wait until you sign her up, and as them at that time what is required and when you need it by. That way when you do go shopping you will know what each child is expected to have.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:00 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• They usually let you have a trial lesson, she may not even like it. (Rare, but it could happen) then you wasted all that money for nothing. So I would wait until they tell you what to get.
    baboluchi56

Answer by baboluchi56 at 11:03 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Like the first poster said, get the information at sign-up and pick up the basics prior to the first class. That way, she will be prepared for her first class and not feel left out or uncomfortable when she doesn't have what the other girls do.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 11:26 AM on Aug. 3, 2010