Gay Brother!

How would your react if your little brother (16) told you he may be gay?? but then he says he like girls to so he isnt sure yet...I know i cant change his mind but i just wanna fuss at him and make him feel bad...im trying not to b/c he will have to face that with strangers...but im UPSET. and Our older sibling (sis) cannot stop crying over the situation. I'm being strong but how do I help my sis through it also? she is so emotional. Also how can I help him through it? and help him realize what he want

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• 16 is young in knowing what you want. Just be a good listener and sister until he has had the time to figure it all out.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 10:44 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I think the fact that you WANT to make someone that you are supposed to love feel bad speaks volumes about your character. He trusted you, came to you with something that is important to him. It is your job as his confidante to stand up for him. Does it really matter who he sleeps with? Will he be less than than the brother you always knew if he is gay? What are you so scared of?
    Crazy-Steph

Answer by Crazy-Steph at 10:43 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• What's the problem? The key word there is BROTHER, not gay. What's the issue?
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 10:42 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Your brother confided in you for support not drama, it takes a lot of guts to admit this at his age. If it were me, the person would have nothing to do with his sexual orientation, he would forever be first my brother.

Answer by older at 10:45 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Support him.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 10:43 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• why in the heck would you want to fuss at him and make him feel bad???

thank god I'm not from such a harsh and judgmental family!

sisters and other family members have no place in someone's sex/love life.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:45 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Your issue with him being gay is just that your issue, not his. You can help him best by not treating him any different because he is still the same guy he always was and helping your emotional sis see he's still the same bro you always liked and loved before. Let him know you are there for him unconditionally and you feel good he felt comfortable enough to tell you and to forgive you if you aren't ready to go guy watching together yet, you are still getting used to the idea...then give him a big hug!
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 10:45 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• If u make him feel bad he won't tell you nothing else. You let him know u love him and support him. He's your brother and I understand your feeling,but u still have to love him.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 10:47 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I know some people will disagree with me on this, but being gay seems to be the new trendy thing to do in school. It's very accepted, and teenagers are so hormonal and curious anyway, that I'm sure he is wondering if he could be. Stick with him and give him time to decide if this is what he wants. Fussing at him will just drive him away and further toward rebellion. He is either doing it out of rebellion or he really is gay. Either way, he will always remember your reactions, for the rest of his life, and you would always regret not being there for him.
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 10:50 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• i would try and support him and he will do what he feels is best, and as for your older sibling crying over it, honestly the choice of being gay is something many people can accept and easily no poiint in crying over it it wont change his mind. Maybe ask her if he died today with her knowing he liked men would that make her love him any less? Would you love him any less if he chooses this lifestyle? I have a gay cousin and many gay friends when their family cannot accept them i have seen many people drown themselves, at 16 in drugs or sex and hurt themselves because their family couldnt accept it so in their mind they were wrong when its not wrong its a choice
    smilelovesmile

Answer by smilelovesmile at 10:50 AM on Aug. 3, 2010