I don't want this anymore.........

I feel alone and feel hated.. DH doesn't care about anything but our children and his house I am taking up space. I am looking for work now and trying to avoid any contact with him. But has anyone found work while pregnant? I would really like to start working and save before this baby is born so I can leave, I don't want him paying child support directly to me. I was thinking we can open an account for the kids and place money in it where we both have access when we have the children. I think a long seperation would help I just can't be with him anymore I feel like a maid and a baby sitter. Again has anyone found work while they were pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• no
    i got fired once because i was pregnant
    took them to court
    i won

gl
    i am looking for work too
    in order to get out of here

prayers to you
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:44 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I never looked for work when I was pregnant however I know that when I was working lots of women would get hired in their earlier stages. But when they are already showing and obviously pregnant no. Its against the law to discriminate but there is no way to know when you are being discriminated against especially when it comes to hiring.
    SultryLadyBug

Answer by SultryLadyBug at 10:46 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• i was actually turned down quite a bit while pregnant BUT if you can find a temp sevice in your area im sure they can find SOMETHING, i'm sorry you feel bad and i wish you the best. Temp services dont really care if you are pregnant because the position they give you could be long term or it could be for just a few months and then they will have you at another place doing another job, so good luck
    smilelovesmile

Answer by smilelovesmile at 10:46 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• When I hired people for a retail store I hired someone who told me she was pregnant once. I interviewed her in the fall and she wasn't due until late spring. Because our busiest time was Thanksgiving through New Years I wasn't worried her taking leave would affect the store or my schedules at all. She was honest and up front and I was happy to have her back after she had the baby. I don't know when you are due, but that may be an idea is to look for seasonal or temporary work that coincides with your due date. Or in a maternity store! As unhappy as you sound, I got really hormonal pregnant too. I would do your best to find a job and reevaluate your relationship with your hubs after you've had the baby and your hormones settle down. Also tell him how you feel, he has to cut you some slack -- you are carrying his baby! Good luck and best wishes!
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 10:50 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• No, I looked the whole time I was pregnant with #2. Your best bet may be to fill out applications online so they can't automatically disqualify you for being pregnant.
    I know it's hard but try to make the best of the situation you're currently in for the sake of your unborn.
    Maybe contact some women's shelters and see if they can help you.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 10:48 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I don't know how long this has been going on, but you don't solve problems by avoiding contact. Have you asked yourself and/or your husband what has happened here? This is going to sting, but sometimes we wives are more of the problem than we realize. For instance, husbands can be wounded by constant criticism and by constantly being made to feel like they are stupid. We wives do this with no intention of wounding our husbands, but we are so much more verbal and our words often stab our husbands right in the heart. There are many, many ways to heal the wounds without having to resort to divorce. And just because you feel alone and hated does not mean that you are. There are so many internal things that can make us feel a certain way, and rather than deal with those, it's easier to project it all onto another person, usually our husbands. I think rather than looking for work, you should look for ways to heal your marriage.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:48 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I found work once when I was 5 months pregnant with my first child. I wore an outfit that kinda hid it and told them about a month after I was hired that I didnt know I was pregnant and how far along I was,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:53 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Hang in there, wait until the baby is born and try to do local surveys, and stuff like that to make money. Research marketing they should have a few in your area. Get what you can before you leave, and be prepared for the future.

Child support is to help give your child a roof over there head, clothes on there back and food in there belly... People seem to think other wise but I looked it up. You are not being mean or selfish having him help, it is your child together.

If he is not hurting you, otherwise you can get help and get out. There is alot of help out there, but you can't be afraid to ask...

Good luck,
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:53 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• When I was pregnant with both I looked and it was hard. first ((((HUGS))) its hard second have you guys talked or is it beyond this? If so I would try Wal-Mart yeah yucky place but its a job Target or Kmart just for now until you can get another job right now you are just looking for a job later you will get a better one. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:53 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I was hired when I was pregnant with my youngest; I wasn't looking for the job though, they called me. A temp agency may be the way to go - you may end up finding a full-time job with the employer you temp at after the baby is born. It's unfair, and highly illegal, but a lot of employers don't like to hire pregnant women.

As far as the child support goes - no attorney is going to think a shared account is a good idea. It will cause you a lot of headaches; the accounting alone would be a nightmare.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:57 AM on Aug. 3, 2010