How can so many people say they are Christians and stomped all over another Christian for asking a question.

So I misspelled honoring (Christ honoring),like no one else has misspelled a word. I did not ask my questions to cause problems or any thing like that. I was just wondering how other Christian moms thought they were honoring Christ by being on cm. Because of the reaction I got I may leave cm for ever.

1Co 10:31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

SassyDee01963

Asked by SassyDee01963 at 10:47 AM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I don't see how things getting ugly can help us learn to listen effectively. Ugliness just puts people on the defensive. Has anyone ever seen a debate like they have in high school debate club? You might see sarcasm, but you won't see people saying, "I want to make you see how ridiculous you are". I also don't agree that all religions are treated equally here. JMHO.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:42 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• more than likely those weren't Christian ladies who attacked you. So don't worry about it. God is glorified by you being such a willing Christian to serve Him and sharing your testimony with others! Good for you and God Bless. I'll be happy to be a cafe mom friend so we can talk about Christ and honor Him together! :-)
    missionarywifey

Answer by missionarywifey at 2:44 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I saw the question and I understood what you were asking. I took it to mean that you wanted to know how you could honor Christ by being here when things tend to get ugly so often. Just keep doing what you are doing, and don't stoop to the level of the people who treated you that way. You were treated rudely. You have as much right to share your opinion as anyone else here. Either all of us get to share our opinions, or none of us get to share. Don't let the bullies stop you. The rest of us want to hear what you have to say. PPs are right - the ones who told you not to share your faith are not Christians if I remember correctly.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 4:46 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• You may find more peace in joining a religious group on CM where the admins monitor perceived attacks much closer than the Answers section.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:57 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I did see the question, didn't answer. I will say, however, being a 'regular', you have no idea who answered rudely, op. Not all who responded to that post were xtians. That's something you have to reconcile yourself to..the knowledge that this is not a strictly xtian-only section, nor can you expect xtian-only replies, even when you request it, which you did not.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:25 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Many of them were not Christians. I have been around for about 3 yrs and have gotten to know who is Christian and who is not.
    The best thing to do is let this roll off your back. So they attacked your spelling... at least they didn't have a machete to chop the head of with like they do in other countries with other Christians! I know that is drastic but do you see how petty this really is?
    Its not worth leaving over. I am a Christian and I didn't say anything about your spelling. I can read and figure out what a person is saying. I understand typos too! This comes from being on the internet for 15 yrs now! I'd like to say I am fluent in typonese ! :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:22 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• If CM is not Christ Honoring then what is it?

The internet. You'll find that those Christians who choose to be rude are just as likely to attack other Christians for "doing it wrong" as they are to attack other religions. You'll also find they are usually the first to cry out that they're being attacked any time someone disagrees with them (which is why they spend so much time attacking other Christians). This website is not Christian-based or in any way affiliated with any faith. The religion sections here are open to all faiths and belief systems, and all are treated equally. If you personally feel that helping stressed out women in TTC or relationships is honoring Christ - go for it, it's not your motive that counts, it's the empathy behind it. But don't expect to find a bible study here. That's not what this is about at all.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:19 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I am sorry you where attacked for it. I did not see the question, but sometimes people do get a bit rude. Best cure is a big hug from your kids and blow off the mean nastiness. There are a lot of great people on here too. I hope you find the niceness in this instead of just the ugly.

As for misspelling I am the queen of misspelling. It is my weakness and if people want to belittle me for it I just think it says more about their character than it does me.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 1:46 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

CM is a social networking, fellowship and support site for moms of all races and religion. There may be Christ honouring groups on CM but that does not define the character of CM.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 6:40 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• CM is a place for all sorts of women. It is not just for one set of beliefs over another and the Religion and Belief section is for all religions and beliefs. I agree with notpanicking, if you want to help out other mommas because your relationship with your God moves you to do so, then go for it. Many Moms from all sorts of back grounds are helpful and kind. If you feel the need to tell people they are wrong because of their belief in their religion or political POV yes, it can get ugly. But that can be a good thing, it can teach us how to listen effectively and how to appreciate one another's differences while remaining true to who we are. We are not a one belief type Q&A, sometimes we learn from one another, sometimes we bicker, but in the end we all come together as women who love our children.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:07 PM on Aug. 3, 2010