Did your Parents tell you to Save your Virginity for Marriage?

Did you listen and is it something you will tell your children?

SultryLadyBug

Asked by SultryLadyBug at 10:57 AM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• No..my parents didn't.. & I didn't wait. I would like my kids to wait to have sex.. with the right person.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:57 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• nope my mom, and my aunt told me saiving your virginity for marriage is all good and well but in my aunts case she waited and then it was bad and he only married her for it and once he got it and a few kids and years of fighting and abuse and neglect he left for a more Experienced woman as he told my aunt, my ma was just promiscuous :) so she at the age of 15 or 16 told me that giving head was an art... i love my family today!
    smilelovesmile

Answer by smilelovesmile at 10:59 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• No they didn't but it was very much implied, I didn't wait I wanted to experience the compatibility before jumping in. My kids knew very well how I felt about it.

Answer by older at 10:59 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Yes and no I did not wait. I lost it at 17. I will not tell me children to wait, but I will tell them to make that decision only if they think it's right for them. If they feel like they are being forced in to doing it, I will tell them not to do it just to make their boyfriend (or girlfriend) happy. ANd I will also educate them on the importance of condoms and such. Why try to talk to them into waiting when you know they're not gonna. I dont' even think my mom waited like she told us. lol
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 11:00 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• No and No. My oldest i've told that he should wait untill at least college. BUT eventhough I don't believe that you have to be married to have sex I also told my son the benefits of WAITING untill marriage
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:01 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• No my parents told me i was so ugly I should get all of the sex I could since I was never going to get married.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:01 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I'm not sure, I think my mom did. We grew up being told it was a sin to have sex before marriage. I planned to wait. My husband and I waited until we were together for more than a year and already engaged before we engaged in sexual activity. I wanted to make sure he was the one for me and he felt the same way. I will also suggest it to my children. I know no one can be forced to do what they choose is not right for them, but I think I can encourage my children to make the decisions that I feel are right for them. Unintended pregnancies and STDs can be prevented from making good decisions.
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 11:02 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Nope, my parents didn't tell me that. I didn't wait until marriage either.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 11:04 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• To answer my own question my mother nor father ever told me to wait until marriage for sex. However they told me they didnt want me having sex and never gave a reason. I listen to them only because I felt it was the right choice for me because thats all the boys seemed to be after and everytime a girl gave it up everyone knew about it. I waited til I got married and it wasn't the fairytale sex I dreamed of but its gotten better every year.
    SultryLadyBug

Comment by SultryLadyBug (original poster) at 11:04 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I tried to listen but made a mistake a long the way. Yes I will tell my kids that, because its the right thing, and it keeps them out of trouble. When the time comes I will share the consequences I face by not holding to it with them.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 11:05 AM on Aug. 3, 2010