no period but neg test? AHHH?

Okay so I was suppose to start my period 12 days ago, I took 2 pregnancy test about 5 days ago and they were negative. I'm debating on rather to go to my obgyn and get a test done or should I just wait?

Brianna-Ravae

Asked by Brianna-Ravae at 11:03 AM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• 12 days is pretty late if you are regular
    did you use first am pee?
    i know tests are more accurate now a days
    but first pee is still best
    call your doc, maybe they will say to come in

hope you did test wrong or something and you are
    good luck!
    hope to hear good news from you soon
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:07 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• i am usually regular.
    and i used first am pee on one of them, not the other.
    but okay i will call my doctor thank you.
    Brianna-Ravae

Comment by Brianna-Ravae (original poster) at 11:09 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Periods can be late because of stress or illness, too. If you haven't already, try one of those tests that shows you results in words instead of lines and be sure to follow directions exactly. If you pee on it too long or not long enough, it can screw up the results. Are you have other symptoms, too, or are you just late? If you're having other symptoms then, yes, you might want to call the doctor. They will probably do a blood test.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:07 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I would say wait it out because you could have ovulated later than you think. I got my BFP with my daughter after being about a month late with no menstrual cycle in between it took longer to detect a positive, and I know exactly when I got pregnant even thought I hadn't taken an OPK that month.
    SultryLadyBug

Answer by SultryLadyBug at 1:27 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• i was like that when i was pregnant with my 2nd daughter.. my last period was in november 08 and i didn't have 1 at all after that.. i took test after test after test and they all came up negative.. then finally 1 showed up positive!! i was around 6 wks when it showed up.. good luck!! maybe you could get a blood test?!
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 11:36 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Is a blood test more sensitive than a stick? I am in the same boat and not sure if I want to get the blood test yet.
    Okigurl

Answer by Okigurl at 4:45 AM on Aug. 4, 2010