this is the oly place I can post annon. I feel like SHIT!

My DD will be turning 3 in less then 2 weeks. She had her first dentist appt. yesterday, and they told me that she will need to be put to sleep and have all of her teeth fixed. She has bottle rott on every tooth. I feel like a horrible mom. I took the bottle from her at 11 months and she was still crying for milk at night, we ended up giving her a sippy cup. I don't know what to do I am scared to have her put to sleep but I don't want to have her be in pain eighter.. Anyone been through this? What would you suggest.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm sorry you're going through that. It makes me worry about my son's teeth. I brush them regularly, but he always wants a bottle before bed too. I'm not sure what advice to offer, but best of luck.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:22 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I would definitely get a second or third opinion before putting her through that.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:23 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I agree with Nanny, get a second opinion ...
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 11:30 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I would go to another dentist. That does not sound right. They are baby teeth that are going to fall out anyway. How are they going to fix them?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:32 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• The dentist said she could do them a couple at a time but She would end up in a lot of pain. Most of the are just the white spots, not even cavities yet. That is what I do not understand. Df is calling her doctor today to see what he thinks...
    luv_my_mini_me

Answer by luv_my_mini_me at 11:36 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• yes. all 3 of my kids actually, did the same thing. put my kids to bed with a bottle with milk in it and by the 4th child, i learned not to do that so i keep a sippy cup by the window with water in it, just in case. i havent learned not to do it when my first did had all rotten teeth, i brought all 3 of my kids to a pediatriction dentist all at one time for the first time and they had to be put to sleep to get thier teeth capped off, now that they are older, they have learned better ways to take care of thier teeth. down vote me all you want, i had to learn the hard way though, i didnt have cafemom or anybody to tell me different at the time.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:38 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Thank you Americansugar, I am so happy I am not the only one. I feel horrible. Is it a long process? How long will she be swollen and in pain?
    luv_my_mini_me

Answer by luv_my_mini_me at 11:41 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• there's nothing i can suggest although your dentist might be right. and to the poster that thinks why would you need to fix baby teeth when they are going to fall out anyway....well here's your answer...they need thier baby teeth for a long time, for a lot of thier toddler years too, they need them to chew food and whatnot. yes they will fall out eventually but they still need them for a long period of their life.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:45 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• i dont exactly remember but if your kid is a fast healer then it shouldnt take long. it was so long ago. i felt bad too.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:47 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• if i remember correctly the dentist referred me to another place, surgery place i think, and did all 3 of my kids at the same time. so no its not that long to wait
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:49 AM on Aug. 3, 2010