my daughter is nine and a half months old but i'm not sure if she is developing as much as she should

He has learned to clap her hands, blow kisses, crawl, babble, sit up... but I'm not sure if she should be doing more than she is. I know all babies are different but I'm not sure if she is behind. She just started crawling, she cannot pull herself up yet, and some others. I'm so proud of her and she seems really smart but people are driving me crazy telling me what their kids were doing at that age.

samantha21385

Asked by samantha21385 at 11:24 AM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Don't worry about it. If it makes you feel better, check out some sites like babycenter.com to see what you child should or may be able to do at this stage.
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 11:26 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• She sounds perfect to me :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 11:27 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• She sounds exactly perfect! Don't listen to people, they will drive you crazy.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:30 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Perfect too me too. :)

IF they say well my daughter did this at this age, or this at this age, Awwwww, thank goodness my baby is taking her time to grow and do things, Perfect for me to enjoy her as a baby. You knwo they say babies grow too quick, before you know it they are in college.

LOL< Flip it a little. She sounds like an angel to me. Speaking from 3 girls some are relaxed and do everything at a slower pace, which is nice, and some you can't stop. Enjoy your baby while you can... :)

KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:31 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• My son is 10 months old and doesn't clap or blow kisses yet, lol. However, he makes kissy sound when I ask for a kiss, will play ball with me, is close to walking and does all kinds of other stuff that shows me he's smart. Babies all do things differently. She sounds fine to me! I think sometimes babies are content with where they are for a bit in some areas. Ask her doctor if you're concerned, but it sounds to me as if she's totally fine. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:32 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I thought the same about my 2nd dd and lately she is absolutely surprising me! She is soo smart. You just have to realize that some babies like to sit back and watch and when they are ready they already know how to.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:34 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Your child doesn't need to be advanced and you don't need to teach her tricks so you can be proud of her. What other people say about their kids should not bother you at all, it doesn't matter what their kids do or what they say. Your relationship with your child shouldn't be about pride, it should be about attachment. There should be a symbiotic relationship going on and it shouldn't matter what outsiders say. I guess what I am trying to explain is unconditional love.

Imagine you had a baby with birth defects, genetic disorders, or other problems. Then it could drive you crazy if you listened to other people talk about their kids, you could be devistated. Instead you accept the child you have. I have 3 children and a grandson with genetic disorders.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:35 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• ask your ped
    my daughter was slower at physical milestones
    also slower at first words
    she is three and just got offical report-she has moderate autism
    NOT saying your child has
    but it is OK to be watchful for stages of development-do not comapre to all the other kids, but ok to be watchful for possible issues

ps
    when we spoke to her ped, he assured me she was fine, but we knew differently

trust your instincts
    8 months is very early, relax, enjoy but trust your feelings too
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:37 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• oops
    9 and a half
    very young too
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:38 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Thank you everyone. This is my first baby so I'm not sure what kind of things she should be doing. :)
    samantha21385

Comment by samantha21385 (original poster) at 11:39 AM on Aug. 3, 2010