Do you support Wikileaks?

(or) Do you think those involved in Wikileaks have blood on their hands?? Thoughts?
~~~~~
NEWSWEEK: Taliban Seeks Vengeance in Wake of WikiLeaks

After WikiLeaks published a trove of U.S. intelligence documents—some of which listed the names and villages of Afghans who had been secretly cooperating with the American military—it didn’t take long for the Taliban to react. A spokesman for the group quickly threatened to “punish” any Afghan listed as having “collaborated” with the U.S. and the Kabul authorities against the growing Taliban insurgency. In recent days, the Taliban has demonstrated how seriously those threats should be considered. Late last week, just four days after the documents were published, death threats began arriving at the homes of key tribal elders in southern Afghanistan.

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 11:30 AM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• No, this guy has a personal vendetta and he is putting sources in certain danger. I wouldn't support anything that mad it a habit of leaking important information to anyone.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:50 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• This is treason at the least. The idiot who posted it should be charged with endangering every soldier who is at rist.
    Youngwifey2

Answer by Youngwifey2 at 1:34 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I want to know why they aren't being tried for TREASON?! They didn't just leak some "juicy gossip," they compromised our war strategies but they put our allies and the men and women on the front lines in grave danger.

Naturally I want to know HOW one smarmy bastard managed to obtain the security clearances needed to hack into the files in the first place?! Where are the checks and balances?!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:07 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Absolutely not. The information they publicized put people's lives at risk.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 1:31 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• NO! I do not! The idiot that made this website does not realize how bad he just compromised everything that the military has accomplished overseas! We want this war to end, so stop adding fuel to the fire! How stupid do you have to be to know this?! I hope the people responsible for that website are convicted of these crimes and sentenced to death!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 11:58 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I was very upset until Wikileaks let it be known they informed the WH of what they had. They sent the documents to the WH and asked it any needed to be withheld or not published at all. The WH had no response, so they published them. After I heard that, and the fact that other journalist discussed how they will seek direction from the WH concerning sensitive documents, I realized the WH could have put a halt to the "leak". They didn't. Now that line between whether to publish or not becomes a little blurry. They did seek WH input before putting the docs. out there. Why didn't the WH at least respond to the contact?
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:17 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I agree it is treason and anyone involved should hang for it.

I don't trust anything that starts with "wiki."
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:22 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 11:50 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Times reporter Eric Schmitt told the AP that on the night of July 23, at White House spokesman's Robert Gibbs' request, he relayed to Assange a White House request that WikiLeaks not publish information that could lead to people being physically harmed.

~~~~ So, Robert Gibbs knew the info was coming out and just made the request that info that could lead to people being harmed NOT be released??? Where was the outrage from the WH that ANY info could put lives at risk??? Robert Gibbs is a Dumb F*CK!

grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 1:20 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

The soldier as well! anyone who helped...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:06 PM on Aug. 3, 2010