so my sons dad told me 2 days ago he had money for him. so the last two days he has had excuses... so this morning i call him and instantly gets mad at me saying that the only reason i called and hung up on me. why should he get mad at me for calling and first of all i didnt ask for the money he is the one that said he had it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• He probably doesn't have it.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 11:36 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• he probably DID have it then spent it on something stupid and now feels bad about it... do u need the money for your son? if not just let it slide for awhile but let him know that he needs to start pitching in or you'll have to take him to court for child support ??
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 11:40 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Get court ordered child support and have it taken from his check. There should be no need to talk to each other about money.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:41 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I wouldn't call him again about it. He obviously doesn't have it anymore, or he would be fine with you calling and asking about it. The court order would be helpful if he is not paying regular child support or helping you with expenses.
    TeenerBeener75

Answer by TeenerBeener75 at 11:44 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Take him to court and get a child support order put in place. In our state (Ohio), they generally have the non-custodial parent's check garnished, and then the state pays the custodial parent. This guy doesn't sound very responsible, this way you can make sure your son is getting the support he should be.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:12 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I wouldn't waste my time calling him again. It sounds as though he gets upset easily. If you don't have a court order for CS I would strongly advice getting one. It may make things easier to deal with when it comes to getting money from him...That way you don't have to call him and ask about any money!
    lil_Army_Wife05

Answer by lil_Army_Wife05 at 12:12 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• It sounds to me like he doesn't have the money.I'm sorry because I know what it's like to count on something & than it not happen.About his anger...it's been my experience that he's mad at himself but puts it off on you.You did nothing wrong.Don't call him.wait for him to call & go from there.Goodluck!!!
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 12:28 PM on Aug. 3, 2010