just made an appointment for SO and myself to see a therapist...

what are the chances he will go_________
what is the best excuse he will have to get out of it_____________
what percentage of what he says will be the truth___________

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 11:45 AM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• He will only go and tell the truth if he is committed to your relationship, I think only you know the real answer to that. Bravo to you for trying.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:20 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• what are the chances he will go_____100% if you already talked to him about it____
    what is the best excuse he will have to get out of it____he doesn't think anything is wrong with him or your relationship_________
    what percentage of what he says will be the truth___the therapist will drag it out of him asking questions until he/she feels like they are getting the truth________
    I commend you for doing this and hope you get the results that you need. We have seen a counselor to and it does help over time. Good Luck!
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:48 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• what are the chances he will go_________ you'd be lucky if he did
    what is the best excuse he will have to get out of it_____________I don't have any reason to see a therapist/ I'm not the one with the problem.
    what percentage of what he says will be the truth___________ Maybe 1% and that's if the therapist asks him what his name is.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 11:48 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Hopefully 100% ready and willing to go If you to need go to a therapist he has to be all in not half way And hopefully he tells the whole truth and nothing but once you lie its pretty hard to believe when a person is telling the truth he needs to come clean or it will fester inside him and make him miserable GL
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 11:49 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Good Luck! I hope things work out for you.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 11:49 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I didn't do therapy, we did couple's counseling I guess you could call it through a weekend program that followed by group sessions on techniques on how to have a better marriage (12 classes to follow). I think that if your husband wants to salvage his marriage he will go, expect resistance, I know I tried not to go when my husband suggested, I just didn't see a point, I thought our marriage was beyond broken so I resisted but knew at the end of the day I still wanted to be with him so I agreed to go to the program. I think only your husband knows what he's afraid of revealing or sharing and from my own experience I am sure what each of you have to say may be hurtful to the other but sometimes you have to hear the truth, I think that is the only way to figure out if the relationship is worth working on. Good luck to you and hope this is a positive step in your marriage.

LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 11:50 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• What you have done, is make a step in the right direction. When you talk to your S.O. about this does it seem to be a positive thing? Are you wanting to work on this as a team or as opposing team mates. Men typically don't like to be talked about, especially to people they don't know. Women are more comfortable talking to someone else, because we are built that way, as opposed to men who would rather not talk about emotional issues they might be having. The 5 Love Languages is an excellent book, as well as The Love Dare to help with intimacy in your relationship as well. Chances of him making up an excuse are probably high if it seems to not be going anywhere after the 1st or 2nd time. Don't try to make him feel bad if he doesnt go, just go with out him, and try to work out your own issues with a counselor as well. Best wishes!!!
    TeenerBeener75

Answer by TeenerBeener75 at 11:59 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• what are the chances he will go_________If he wants to work things out than good.
    what is the best excuse he will have to get out of it_____________Death
    what percentage of what he says will be the truth___________if he wants to work things out than 100%
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:09 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• The answers really depend on your husband. My husband and I did couples counseling and he went because I asked him too, he wanted our marriage too work after I left him and my children. I finally said well we can try this and he agreed to go and said he wanted too, when in fact he was just appeasing me. The best excuse he had was it was all my fault and he was not responsible for anything in the marriage. He constantly told me our therapist was stupid and never committed to do anything she said we needed to try. He would not open up to her, and continue to point the finger at me because he didn't think he had problems, even though he kept saying he wanted things to work out. If your husband has already agreed to go that's a starting point, the next piece is he has to do the work, he has to be open to the suggestions and he has to open up. My husband is now therapy on his own, and its making a huge difference.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 12:22 PM on Aug. 3, 2010