Anybody Had any luck on the South Beach Diet?

Need to lose 20 pounds in a healthy way with out depriving my body of nutrients. I am fairly active but not as active as I want to be.

nan16

Asked by nan16 at 4:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2008 in Health

• No! Not long term. Our body needs a balance of everything; some items with just a smidge, simple sugars, etc...
    The best long term program I've ever seen advertized is from " The Biggest Loser". Most of the people who won the privilege to be on the program had HUGE results. ( NBC's show " the biggest loser") You can go to a the website & read up on the program, or for a few dollars, anyone can join the online program.
    I'm not overweight too much; maybe 7-10 lbs, however, everyone who wants to STAY healthy must have an exersize program!--And having a "buddy" helps a lot. That is my main issue; I tell myself taking care of a household & 4 kids is my exersize, but seriously, not really! Do you live close to Costa Mesa, lol!
    Hope This Helps,
    Elaine H. :)
    ProfilRN

Answer by ProfilRN at 4:18 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• The best diet that I have found is weight watchers! It is more of a lifestyle change though. I lost 18 lbs in one month with no extra exercising, just following the program. Sorry to say I became pregnant shortly after lol and had to quit for the time. Hope it helps! :)
    tlsteinbeck

Answer by tlsteinbeck at 4:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• hear what Heather Hansen has to say. I sayyou need control for those diets.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 4:21 PM on Oct. 13, 2008