Angel food ministries

I was looking at the boxes you can get, is it really that much cheaper? I think it would be cheaper if you found sales and bought in bulk. Has anyone every ordered? is it cheaper? They just got a site 15 mile away from me and wanted to try it.

blue_glass_mama

Asked by blue_glass_mama at 11:57 AM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I know several people around here that get those boxes and they are actually cheaper.. Especially the meat boxes that they offer.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 11:59 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• when we were having a rough time, my FIL's church bought us a box from Angel Food Ministries. And NO I would not have been able to buy all that food for the $25 it cost.

sure, it's cheaper if you can buy tons of food in bulk and freeze it and such, but Angel Food Ministries is for the people that don't have all the $ that takes since it does cost a lot at once, though it saves in the long run.

If ALL you have is $25 for food, they are definitely a great option.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:01 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I've heard of it but have never looked into it. What is thier website adress?
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:02 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I use coupons and shop clearance and sales, so for me it is not cheaper. I added up the cost of the items based on what I would spend in the grocery store and it came out the same. So for me it was not worth the drive to pick up the food. However, if you don't use coupons and shop sales, it is an incredible deal!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 12:04 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I have wanted to try it, but we never got around to going there. $25 for the amount of food you get is a great deal.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 12:06 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• We use Angel Food a lot. It is usually a great deal. Our's are $28.95 - $30 per box (for the signature box). I have gone through the store and, using the sale price of the items in the boxes (and/or store brands when possible), I have saved anywhere from $20-60 per box. One month when I did this, had I bought all the stuff at the grocery store, I would have paid $89. Instead, I paid $30. It can be quite a savings. And then when you get to the specialty boxes... the savings can be even more.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I've never been thrilled with the choices - so we've never ordered. I've heard good things (amount of food for money) but I've heard a lot of bad things (not the best food choices, crappy meat, high-sodium convenience foods, etc). The nearest site for us it about 20 miles away. I haven't found it to be worth ordering yet, but then again I don't check every month.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 12:10 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I thought there was a different program like that one but not sure what it is called anyone know?
    blue_glass_mama

Comment by blue_glass_mama (original poster) at 12:14 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• wow, just googled them & there are tons of people in my area that could use it, but no sites near here. It looks like an incredible deal!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 12:15 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• My FIL buys us a box every month. The foods not horrible, though the frozen veggies are always bad - like rubber tasting. So we don't eat those. The meat isn't great - but it's edible. It's pretty much processed, convienent foods. I wouldn't order one for us, but since FIL buys it and brings it to us, we use it.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 12:49 PM on Aug. 3, 2010