Sometimes, do you think..if it werent for the kids, you would have left your dh/so already?

Because its easier financially and you just can't figure out how you'd make it doing it all by yourself because even together, you struggle financially?
Because the children would be heart broken.
Because you want to keep the stability?
What are your reasons for staying?
What are your reasons for wanting to leave?
My reason for thinking about leaving is because I get the feeling that he doesnt love me anymore.Its like we are two strangers coinciding with one another.Its sad.It makes me sad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• I am sorry you're feeling like this, in all honesty, sometimes yes when I get frustrated with him or he does something stupid I feel like leaving, like my life would be better off but I think for the both of us, coming from broken homes we work hard to keep our marriage together for our kids. To me personally that is a big reason to stay, please do not get me wrong; I love my husband with all of my heart but sometimes I think love is not everything. It takes alot more than love to keep a marriage together, I have ended relationships in the past with no children involved even though I was still in love but I knew the relationship was not healthy for me. Some may think that the kids are a bad reason to stay but to me it's a good enough reason for us to stay together and work at keeping our marriage and our family together.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 12:16 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Staying for the kids is the wrong reason to stay,

When they are older they will say why did you stay if you were not happy... I left and pray we get back together, although I can't see it happening... I LOVE HIM SO MUCH.... Tired of feeling what you feel right now.

KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:03 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• yes. sometimes
    some days i can't handle his addiction.
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 12:03 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I thought it with my EX daily until i finally left him.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:04 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• i am sad also

prayers for you
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:02 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I'm sorry you are not happy! I stay with my husband cause I love him so much not because we have a son. I couldn't imagine life without him! Ill say a prayer for you!
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 12:04 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I stayed with my ex for 13 years. Toward the end, I couldn't stand the sight of him. He was controlling, manipulative, and would go for weeks without talking to me if I made him upset. It was an awful existence. I stayed for a few years after the kids were born because I wanted them to have an intact family. I was worried about finances. I was worried about starting over. I was so stressed that my hair started falling out and I lost 30 pounds.

I looked at myself in the mirror one day and didn't recognize myself. I realized that I wasn't the mother my kids needed, I wasn't myself, and that leaving was the best thing for all of us. It was the best decision I could have made. It was so hard for the first few years, but so worth it. Seven years later - I'm back to my happy, confident self. I have a new husband that adores me. My kids are both in honors classes, well adjusted, and happy.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:06 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• i do not think this way
    i KNOW we would not be together
    fiatpax

• I never have thoughts of leaving him..I ♥ him.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:02 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Actually it took my son to finally leaving him. I realized all the stress and fighting wasn't good for him.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 12:03 PM on Aug. 3, 2010