Okay is this right adult content

So I started my period 4 days early this month, it was only 5 days long(my periods are usually 7 days full) but my mom told me not to worry b/c I went swimming and when she goes swimming her period starts early. So I was like ok. but now. for the past 3 days(ThIS PART IS TMI!!!!!) I have been having a thick clear-ish-yellowish discharge(its not a yeast infection. its different.) Every time I go to the bathroom to wipe, it will be alot on the toilet paper. and its also on my undies. This has never happened to me. I was wondering what ya'll think it is??? Its really gross.
Ps we have NOT been ttc.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Health

• Swimming has nothing to do with a period - if that were true at all I'd be ragging every week - as it is I'm going 5-6 weeks between periods right now, and we swim at least a couple times a week. If you're worried, call your doctor.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 12:07 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Hhmmm. I don't know. My period came 5 days early this time and that has never happened to me. I'm like clockwork. I was on vacation and swimming every day. Maybe there is something to it? I don't know about the rest, sorry!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:08 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• My first thought is a bacterial infection. I would go to the doctor. I've had that before and the discharge your describing is what I had.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 12:14 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Your period coming early has nothing to do with swimming although your hormone cycle may be changing. Your period might have been shorter because it was early. The discharge could be an infection. The safest thing to do is see your doctor. If it is an infection and you are intimate with someone, he may need to be treated also so he doesn't give it back to you.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 12:18 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Could you be preggo? When we got preggo, my "period" came early and then lasted only 3 days. Not to be gross (but you added the TMI sign so I'm going there) but it was really dark and clotty. Turns out it was implantation bleeding and not my period at all. I didn't have any odd discharge, though. Just a thought.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 3:50 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I've never heard of swimming having anything to do with a period.If i was you,I would call my Dr. Is there a possibility that you are pregnant?
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 5:14 PM on Aug. 3, 2010