How come "Vibe" exists?

I'm just curious, I am just a white american, just like there are many black americans, etc. How come they get magazines, health care, etc dedicated just to their race? Is there anything like that for White Americans?

You can say Black Pride and just be proud of your heritage, but you can't say White Pride without being a racist. Somebody please explain this to me, i just really don't understand why this is...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Entertainment

• confusedGood Point.

DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 12:14 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Yea. Your going to called a racist for even suggesting such a thing. They are allowed to have their dedicated things schools, scholarships, magazines, groups and congressional caucuses but, if white people do then other races are being oppressed...

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:31 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Everything else is dedicated to white people. There are things dedicated to their race because there ARE differences. White people don't face the kind of racism that black people do. Sit back and enjoy the fact that you get to live in this country as a white person. You are lucky to not have to put up with the crap most black people have to deal with.

And just for clarification, I am a white person who used to feel the same exact way you do now. Then I adopted black kids and got quite the slap in the face. I had NEVER been followed in a store by security until I had my DS with me. Now we get followed all the time, but never when my DS is not there. Have you ever taken the time to purchase and read that magazine? Perhaps doing so would enlighten you to why it exists. Don't assume nothing in it would apply to you because you are not black.

3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 12:31 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Blue Pride! Thats all I have to say.
    allfiller

Answer by allfiller at 2:32 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• 3gifts - Black people are not discriminated against because of their color (not always at least) . Look up murder statistics by race, or incarceration rates by race. 'African Americans' are the highest in all of them. They are discriminated against because of these statistics, IMO. I am not a racist and believe we are all equal until we prove we aren't worthy of equality...
    allfiller

Answer by allfiller at 2:36 PM on Aug. 3, 2010