What Would you do?

My dh sleeps till 1 or 2 in the evening, he works night shift from 5 in the evening till 3:30 in the morning. Then he is up on his cpu till 6 or 7 am playing games. Then he gets mad at me when i call him to go tot the store to get something for me or our dd around 12 and he got really mad at me for waking him up and kept saying he needed more sleep; then rolled over and went to sleep again, I can't go to the store adn get the stuff because i have not got my licence and its too cold to take our dd outside. But the thing is, if anybody else called and wanted him to do something for him he owuld be up and showered quicker then you could blilnk an eye. I have asked him why he does this and he just keeps saying that he don't. What am i suppose to do??? It is really getting on my nerves!

mommylisar

Asked by mommylisar at 12:15 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• That isn't a man!!!! I know plenty of men who work their butts off, work 10 plus hours a day take care of the many children and MAKE TIME FOR THE ONES THEY LOVE.. He does this cause you have allowed him to, plain and simple... sooo now you need to put your foot down! Stand up for yourself and don't allow him to disrespect you anymore or this will continue! and as the lady above said get your license asap! that way you depnd upon nobody... being totally independant will help you in life so much and you will feel great about yourself!
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 2:12 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Get your license so you don't have to be so dependent on him. You life will be easier and you won't be fighting so much.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 12:23 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• You shouldn't wake him earlier than 3pm and this is coming from somebody who works nights. If he does this at that time then I would put my foot down.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 12:17 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Talk about being shined on and disrepected. I'd tear him a new a**hole. Or why don't you arrange to go out with your friends, see how he likes it.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 12:23 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• He needs time to wind down after working all night so I would say don't wake him up until about 3 is and make him do the errands then. If he has a problem then I would confront him and let him know next time it will be 2 ish
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 12:24 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• i would think he does this because whatever your asking him he sees as unimportant and when you disturb him while playing games, he still takes it as your needs are unimportant. he could be thinking "i will get to it when i FEEL like it" thats not a a good compromise in a relationship. you dont need to leave him but you do need to point it out when it happens AT that time, not 2 hours later or the next day, but when he hops in the shower to help someone in need, make sure your serious when you say "see? i told you that you do too do this and i needed a ride to the store today!"

He doesnt see you as one of his friends or family members that he jumps to but a person who can wait upon when HE feels like getting to it. it should be the other way around
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:24 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• What do you think of getting a drivers license? Im just spit balling here, but it would give you the freedom to go do the errands you need to do. Maybe develop a window of time that works for him and for you, when you can wake his butt up and have him stay with dd while you run to the store. I hope this helped and Im so sorry your going through this.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:25 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• lol nope that would not work either i tried to get him to watch her so i could walk to the store and get what i needed and he said he is too tired to watch her.
    I have my beginners permit, I just have not got my licence yet! I can't wait till i do!
    mommylisar

Comment by mommylisar (original poster) at 12:28 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Is he the father of that child? If he is, then he would be getting his sorry butt out of bed and doing whatever needed to be done. It is just as much his responsibility as it is yours. If you cannot legally drive then until you can, he has to suck it up and do what has to be done. If he has the energy to play video games, then he'd best be finding the energy to parent his child. If he isn't mature enough to put the child FIRST, then leave his sorry butt and find someone who is! Life is too short to waste it with a loser!!
    SimplyLaine

Answer by SimplyLaine at 3:40 PM on Aug. 3, 2010