need funny things to think about when husband is lying to my face

did set up therapy appt for us
have tryed to compromise
have not lied to him
have tryed to fight fair with no yelling or screaming on my part-while he swears in front of our child at me
am willing to give therapy a try, even though i feel the only good result MAY be that i do not hate him when i leave with my daughter

need to keep some humor in all this

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 12:16 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm so sorry. Try to find the joy and humor with your DD until you can get out.

You could imagine him as a funny looking cartoon character when he's bring a jerk?
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:19 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• "He who tells a lie is not sensible how great a task he undertakes; for he must be forced to invent twenty more to maintain one." Quote by Pope.

Good luck to you fiatpax - if you can salvage the marriage DO. Godspeed to you and your daughter.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 12:20 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• he recently let me know his anal fetish
    he does this to humself
    told me he has done this for 25-30 years

any funny images come to mind
    i am grossed out looking at him
    he told me that he has walked around the house with one stuck up there!

i need to find the humor
    i know i will make fun of him when i am gone
    need to make fun in my mind now, as not to throw up when he enters a room
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 12:21 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• gailll
    it is his house, hard to kick him ut if it is his house
    i do ask him not to swear in front of the kids
    even when he is not mad he uses fowl language
    when mad, much more lately since he has his secret life, he slamming things in anger, in front of children

i am willing to go to therapy with him
    i do not make fun of him (but would like to keep some humor in my mind as not to go crazy)
    i do not tell others about his fetish=on here does not count, profile is private, and no one KNOWS me
    and yes, it is his fault for lying, anger in front of kids and his secret life-i have not done these things
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 12:37 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I think whatever works to get the anger out of the way because of what he's done or hasn't done is a great way to destress about how he's treated you. They even recommend laughter as being the best medicine for what ails people .
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 12:45 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• You do not need to find humor. You don't need to tell others what he does. If it doesn't involve you what's the big deal? You do not need to make fun of him. This is not "fighting fair".

When your relationship is falling apart finding humor in it does not need to be a priority. It sounds like you are trying to blame everything on him. If he is swearing at you then leave. Leave the room or leave the house. Tell him you aren't going to let him do that to you in front of your child. If he won't let you leave during fights then it's time to kick him out.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:30 PM on Aug. 3, 2010