How many new Government agencies DO YOU think ObamaCare will create?

Do you think the answer to our nation's challenges is more Federal Government?

Nancy Pelosi once referenced, we can’t know what’s in ObamaCare until the government rolls it out.
~~~
One Theory[Politico]Don’t bother trying to count up the number of agencies, boards and commissions created under the new health care law. Estimating the number is “impossible,” a recent Congressional Research Service report says, and a true count “unknowable.”

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 12:19 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• As many as he can until we are completely bankrupt.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:41 AM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I hope - none. If we are lucky, there will be a "draining of the swamp" in Nov. The new Congress will defund the law since getting it repealed will be impossible while PBO is still in office. He will veto every attempt at that and there still will not be enough votes in Congress to achieve a 2/3's majority needed to circumvent a veto. But, it can be defunded which means no new agencies.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:23 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I'm sure they will create hundreds of programs/new agencies and spend billions of dollars funding them. The people in this country that need help will still need help, and nothing will change for the working poor in this country. Our government is already too big - adding more bureaucracy and red tape isn't going to help anyone.

The chart made me laugh, btw :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:24 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• So, the United States Coast Guard, which is under the direction of The Department of Homeland Security, is wasteful? No, Obamacare and Homeland Security are apples and oranges. If you want to discuss gov. waste, bring into the discussion of the EPA. But, the EPA wasn't several agencies reorganized into one under Bush, so it doesn't apply even though it is wasteful. We can look at agencies that exist and see just how bad it will be though.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:09 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• you mean if it's not found unConstitutional? NP posted VA's verdict... and I have to say, I like it. I like it a lot.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:54 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Germany is hardly a shining example. Their debt to GDP ratio is higher than it is in the US. Ditto for the UK. The US will be Greece if we attempt to fund the healthcare monstrosity. There are a lot of things that could be done to bring healthcare to more people...the govt did none of them.

I think I read somewhere that the number of new agencies..that's just agencies is 123.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:18 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• "... Estimating the number is “impossible,” a recent Congressional Research Service report says, and a true count “unknowable.”

Every penny confiscated from a citizen, every requirement enforced on a citizen, every penalty imposed MUST have a black-and-white, in-writing justification before it is allowed to take place. The whole POINT of "LEGISLATION" is: it is "IN WRITING" !!! America is not a monarchy or tyranny where people must just do whatever those in power say - it must be in writing, passed by a vote in Congress.

WHY do you think so many of us have been screaming bloody murder?? This "legislation" has something like over 300 UNWRITTEN requirements. It says "guidelines to be determined by the panel" which has yet to be appointed, or "requirements to be decided by" the Dept. Secretary or the agency head.

"Obamacare" is NOT IN WRITING; it's a blank check for those in power to favor friends and punish enemies.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:39 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• He has already made hundreds. Big ones, little ones stupid ones. I don't think we will ever know. I sure hope unemployment improves because It's going to look pretty bad when 90% of them are laid off in 2013.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:40 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Too many to count. Nice deflection sweet
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:25 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Sweets, there are 16 subdivisions to DHS....HALF of which were already in existence and just EXPANDED upon!!

Let's see, since the "auto insurance," and "other countries have socialized healthcare" arguments are FAILING, you're actually going to compare the expansion of our national defense programs and agencies in the wake of 9/11 as somehow being justifiable to national healthcare?! Wow.

Once AGAIN, I have no problem with those AMERICAN CITIZENS who absolutely CANNOT get health care (excluding those who CHOOSE not to have it) to have an insurance plan...I am against the "one size fits all" approach that ObamaCare is forcing upon us! The government could spend 1% of what they are estimating the total cost of ObamaCare will cost, and actually take care of those who desperately need it, instead of WASTING the other 99% on forcing those who do not need or want ObamaCare to have to purchase it!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:58 PM on Aug. 3, 2010