Is there away I can save the text message to my computer?

I have messages that when we go to court I want to be able to have printed out to show the judge. I just need to figure out how to have proof besides having it on my phone.

justme581

Asked by justme581 at 12:22 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• forward it to your email address
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 12:24 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Depends on your service.. I know Cellular One you can.. That's all I know though.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:24 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• You can send it to your email. Then do a screen capture and save it to paint. That way, it shows the email came to you and you have a "picture" of your screen instead of a file you create in Word or Works.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:25 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I agree. You can forward to your email address. Or, just use a camera and take a picture of the phone and the text message if you can't do that.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:27 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Also, wanted to warn you.. Most text messages are VERY hard to use in court. It is considered electronic communication.. And with electronic communication, it is hard to prove who actually sent the message to you. Not sure what type of case you are going to court for, but most electronic communications are thrown out or court.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:28 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• If you have a smart phone you can from the memory card. If not email it and save it on your phone for additional proof.
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 12:28 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• From experience.. between my sis and a friend they will not mean nada in court.. only phone records that show the numbers will work.. not even myspace/facebook or online stuff will work in your favor..
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 1:14 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Yes, text it to your email.
    kimbob2284

Answer by kimbob2284 at 2:11 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Need it to prove of time that were being text instead of calling and the stuff thats being said in it for child custody type battle.
    justme581

Comment by justme581 (original poster) at 2:26 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Contact your service provider, a friend of mine had them print out all text messages that showed who it was from/to with times. You may be able to take your phone and the judge may read the message from the phone.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:01 AM on Aug. 5, 2010