didn't there used to be different diapers for boys and girls?

i was just curious, because i remember when my brother was a baby (he's 8 now), there were diapers for girls and diapers for boys. lol. were the different at all? like diff areas of absorption? i think it's so funny that they used to be separate...? i'm guessing it was just something that lasted a few years. anyone know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yea there were... and they were a merchandising nightmare!!! (I used to work for CVS!!) LOL

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:26 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Yes. My oldest son had boy diapers. He's 15 now. It was different areas of absorbency. Front for boys, bottom for girls.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:26 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Yes,they had ones with more absorption in the front for boys,middle for girls.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:27 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I think it was Luv's that put them out.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 12:28 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• yes. I babysit a little girl and she wears the same size diapers as my son, they go in the same diapers. My mom tried telling me I had to buy special girl diapers.. I told her no their all the same now.
    marinesweetie

Answer by marinesweetie at 12:32 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• There are still training pants for boys and girls.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:41 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I know you fold cloth diapers differently for boys and girls.
    GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 12:50 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• yes they are diferent. they focus on diferent spots and they do still have them. papers just came out with new ones that are separated the girls and the boys. also the pull ups they have the boys and girls. they other day thye send me a sample from the new papers and they worked wonders on my son they didnt get all bulky like the other ones.
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 12:50 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Oh wow! thats crazy! I have never heard or seen them. I'm only 24 though...anyone know what year this happened?..lol
    Artistachica

Answer by Artistachica at 2:13 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• yes there was
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 3:26 PM on Aug. 3, 2010