Raw diaper rash

Anyone know what I can do for it? My LOs have had diarrhea that past few days and now they have a very raw diaper rash. Just touching them with a wipe hurts them. I've used A&D with zinc and Desitin (i use it for every diaper change,) and the both aren't really working and it stings when I put it on them. I've been giving daily baths to so help with it but it looks the same as it did 2 days ago. Any advise?

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 12:29 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• Bag Balm--don't use Desitin-- put it on a "ouchy" of yours--it burns!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:30 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I liked Balmex the best. Put on a lot - really thick. Every diaper change. It helped a lot and quickly.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:32 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Bordeaux's Butt Paste. It sound ridiculous but it cures my DS daiper rashes up within a day and he gets them horribly when he has diarrhea due to teething. The RX for diaper cream didn't even help as much as the Butt Paste. Good luck!
    BillieJean0401

Answer by BillieJean0401 at 12:33 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Desitin always worked on my children. Maybe you should call the doctor's office and ask for suggestions.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:31 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Mix equal parts of Aquafor and Maalox - it's amazing. My DD would get awful diaper rash, and her pediatrician recommended this to me.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:31 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I use a medicated diaper rash cream you can get it at smiths its called Resonol. It works really well When my Con had a rash when he was sick the doctor gave it to us and it numbs the area and heals fast. His rash was gone after 2days
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 12:33 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• whe its that sore and raw use a warm washcloth to wipe instead of wipes to avoid further irritation, bath often and let the baby air out down there afterwards and i use balmex paste it works wonders, slather on a lot and repeat after every diaper change and that should help!
    ingrid198

Answer by ingrid198 at 12:37 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• THANKS LADIES!!!!
    mommy_of_two388

Comment by mommy_of_two388 (original poster) at 12:39 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• corn starch powder is what i use if dnt get bettr soon i would go see a doctor
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 3:25 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Ive had those with my girls and i had to get a prescription from the doctor bc they are so bad. You can even try the "Butt Paste" walmart sells it. it works really well too.
    beeandlacismom

Answer by beeandlacismom at 4:48 PM on Aug. 3, 2010