Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

Child Support and Custody if the father lives in Nor Cal, and I live in So Cal??

My daughter's father, hasn't put forth any effort to see her since Jan of last year.
She was 6 months old, and is now 2.
He sent money for about 6 months, but stopped when he said he wouldn't send more, if I didn't start dating him again. (Blackmail and bribing pretty much.)
Of course, I said no. I am not going to pretty much be a relationship prostitute lol.
Well, the money he had been sending was through a verbal agreement, not court ordered.
I want to take him to court to, A) Get full custody awarded by the court, and B) Have them order child support.
How would I do this if he lives near Oakland, and I live in San Diego?


Asked by SimplyMadness at 12:30 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 11 (500 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • ??

    Answer by Memigen at 12:36 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

  • Find your local child support enforcement office and file through them. They can get you what you need. You may not be able to be granted full support unless he is willing to give it up though or unless you go through a lawyer.

    But to start simple, I would go to child support enforcement. Good luck!

    Answer by Memigen at 12:32 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

  • You should be able to google your county and then put XXXX county child support enforecement into google and pull up a listing.

    Answer by Memigen at 12:34 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

  • I agree with both statement,and by the way that's good for u not being as you stated it a relationship prostitute.

    Answer by mamaofficer at 12:40 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

  • Well, Idk how he could get any! He quit his job when he stopped paying, does nothing but go out and get drunk, doesn't plan on attending any type of college, and lives with his family of 6 or 7, who keep having to move since they cant afford their houses.

    Comment by SimplyMadness (original poster) at 12:38 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

  • At the same time, how would court work? Lol would he have to come down here? Or would I have to go up there?

    Comment by SimplyMadness (original poster) at 12:41 PM on Aug. 3, 2010