Child Support and Custody if the father lives in Nor Cal, and I live in So Cal??

My daughter's father, hasn't put forth any effort to see her since Jan of last year.
She was 6 months old, and is now 2.
He sent money for about 6 months, but stopped when he said he wouldn't send more, if I didn't start dating him again. (Blackmail and bribing pretty much.)
Of course, I said no. I am not going to pretty much be a relationship prostitute lol.
Well, the money he had been sending was through a verbal agreement, not court ordered.
I want to take him to court to, A) Get full custody awarded by the court, and B) Have them order child support.
How would I do this if he lives near Oakland, and I live in San Diego?

SimplyMadness

Asked by SimplyMadness at 12:30 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• ?? http://www.sdcounty.ca.gov/dcss/
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:36 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Find your local child support enforcement office and file through them. They can get you what you need. You may not be able to be granted full support unless he is willing to give it up though or unless you go through a lawyer.

But to start simple, I would go to child support enforcement. Good luck!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:32 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• You should be able to google your county and then put XXXX county child support enforecement into google and pull up a listing.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:34 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I agree with both statement,and by the way that's good for u not being as you stated it a relationship prostitute.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 12:40 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Well, Idk how he could get any! He quit his job when he stopped paying, does nothing but go out and get drunk, doesn't plan on attending any type of college, and lives with his family of 6 or 7, who keep having to move since they cant afford their houses.
    SimplyMadness

Comment by SimplyMadness (original poster) at 12:38 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• At the same time, how would court work? Lol would he have to come down here? Or would I have to go up there?
    SimplyMadness

Comment by SimplyMadness (original poster) at 12:41 PM on Aug. 3, 2010