If you are a divorced mom...

...how long was it before you were back in the dating game/re-married? Im getting divorced within the next couple of months, but it's been a long time coming, so it's not like I'm going to need a "recovery" period...kwim?

I will obviously take time to re-coup and make a new life/home for my kids, but since we (DH and I) haven't had much of a relationship for awhile, I feel that it wont be long. I wouldn't be introducing them to my kids for awhile of course

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• It really all depends on you. Like you stated, you have been done for awhile in your marriage. It took me awhile cause I was so caught up in the court stuff, ours went on for 3 yrs. So my head was totally concentrated on court and finances. If the right guy comes a long, you will know it. Good luck!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:37 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• My husband filed for divorce the day after our son was born. I was paralized by the birth and my son was a premie. The doctors told him I would never walk. I learned to walk unaided when my son was around a year.

I decided not to date. Being a single mother with 3 sons was a big enough job. I went back to college and got 2 masters degrees and I have finished all my coursework for my doctorate. I homeschooled my kids. My youngest is 22 and I have just met someone and am considering a relationship.

I think being celebate all these years was a great choice and I enjoyed being a single mother.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:38 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Some of your questions, depends on the ages of your children.

I would start out by just going slow and being friends with someone.

It is very easy for your heart to be on the rebound.

Good Luck and just have fun.
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 12:40 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• WOW (clapping) you are a TROPPER, good for you.

When I posted the first time the other respones were not here.

I would go have some fun.........
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 12:43 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• For me it was like you said, the marriage was over way before we actually got divorced, so by the time the divorce was final I was more than ready to get into the dating game. The only suggestion I would make is to WAIT for the divorce to become FINAL. Once that final order is signed, your life is yours again.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 1:37 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Only you can decide when its time. Our marriage was also over way before it actually ended. We have been divorced for almost 2 months now, and I would be totally okay with starting a new relationship. Just go with what feels right.
    kimbob2284

Answer by kimbob2284 at 2:11 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• yeah i would just worry about yourself first & take things slowly & if the right man comes along you will know it but just have fun make new friends & talk to your old friends go out spend time with your family go on vacations
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 2:21 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• It depends on you. It's been 3 years since my ex-husband and I have split and I jumped into another relationship shortly after we split which didn't end well. I decided quickly that while I was ready to meet other guys and date I wasn't ready for a serious relationship.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 5:47 PM on Aug. 3, 2010