Do you ever have dreams about the holocaust for no reason what-so-ever?

I don't even know where this dream came from, but I dreamed that I was running around in this square. I think it was at a University, and one of my classmates from high school was setting off cherry bombs. The police came and they started a huge riot with the students. I ran around til was captured by one of the cops and he lured me to this area where there were kids all standing there. I didn't understand what was going on but then they opened some trapped doors and I realized they were ovens and those kids were waiting to be put in them. I didn't stick around to see what would happend but when I came back I saw it. It was terrible. I don't even know why I dreamed this, but it's bothering me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• The only time I did was when I read a book about it. It is horrible and I feel so bad for what had happen to the people who were actually put into a camp. He my dreams I was always looking for ways to help them.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 12:35 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• No, but when I watch Schindler's List, I tend to picture the scenes in my mind afterwards.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 12:36 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Naw, slept so good it would make a baby cry! Sounds to me like you're projecting. Is there a history of violence in your family?...
    NikkiVan1

Answer by NikkiVan1 at 12:36 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Just my dad spanking us. He used to hit my mom too but I never saw it. I just know he did.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 12:37 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• ^OP btw
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 12:38 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Actually, I dream about the Holocaust quite frequently... Many of the dreams take place in today's time while others take place in actual time - which I was no where near to alive for... For me, these have been determined (through regression and other things) to be past life memories... It could be similar for you. Or it could have been something less "spiritual" and more random nightmare. If this is the first time, I wouldn't worry... Frankly, even if it's not the first time, I wouldn't worry. At worst, it's a past life... But in no ways does that have any bearing over today... Put it out of your brain and try to ignore it. IF it becomes a reoccurring thing... Start to do some meditation or something before bed which will help to clear your mind of negativity and aid in your sleep...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:03 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I have never dreamt of the holocaust myself, but I try to pay close attention to dreams that seem to come out of nowhere. If I watched or read something that could have set off the dream, I just blow those off, but if it came out of nowhere I would try meditating, prayer, or divination to try to figure out what it means. Maybe your subconscious is trying to send you a message. It could be past life information, or it might be a way of working through an issue that has been bothering you but that you haven't been paying conscious attention to.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 1:17 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I've had several dreams about it. I've had dreams where it happened here. After visiting the Holocaust museum when I was seventeen, I had a dream where a girl took me through the actual camps and showed me everything that happened as they happened. I won't lie when I say that this is probably one of the things that bother me more than any other tragic historical event. And I know there have been things that were just as bad if not worse that have happened in history, but this bothers me the most.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 1:23 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Past life, perhaps?
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 4:13 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Because you are dreaming about authority permitting the killing of (exclusively) children, and you mention it is the holocaust, I wonder if you are experiencing a dream about the Abortion Holocaust taking place today in which 52 million people which have already been killed, versus the 5 million Jews that were killed during the Nazi Holocaust. Have you been doing a lot of research or reading about abortion, or looking at photo's of aborted children?
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 8:46 PM on Aug. 3, 2010